Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2017 10:43:25 AM EDT
So I bought a Chilean Mauser and I noticed that there are a couple of problems with the front sight. First problem is that the front sight base/band is loose. There are marks on the band and the barrel where it looks like someone once tried to stake the sight and there is some play both ways where I can move the stake line on the front sight band to either side of the stake line on the barrel.

Second issue is that the front sight leaf is also loose. It's not dramatic, but there is definitely some play there were I can wiggle the leaf right and left in the front sight base.

What are my options with this? Is it possible to find replacement parts and get a gunsmith to change them out? Or, is it easier to just add a scope to the rifle? I saw som pictures where some people summed to have removed the rear sight completely and replaced it with a picatiny rail and mounted a long eye relief scope. Is this my best option? I just picked it up from my FFL last night, so I don't know how it shoots yet, but it will definitely need something done to it if I want to use it as a shooter.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:44:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe the Chileans use the same front sight setup as any 93 Mauser. Spanish mauser parts should be easy to find

Edit: liberty tree combines the parts category, so I'd say it's a shared part. They have sight bases for fairly cheap

Link to liberty
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top