Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2017 6:57:23 PM EDT
500 for SMLE MK3 with a cracked stock?????
Can people just stop paying these prices you are only encouraging him at this point
but seriously $500 for a standard SMLE with a cracked stock
I laughed at that one.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 8:37:20 PM EDT
[#1]
On par for Round Boy....

But people with more money than brains apparently keep paying his prices...
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 8:42:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Must resist feeling to thin herd for stupid prices!
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 8:50:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 9:06:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Ugh. Glad I got mine when I did. This one had a cracked stock too (all fixed now)...
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 10:54:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Round Boy needs to be rolled away... The people setting prices at Classic are smoking crack, but then again the people paying $500 for an SMLE and $1200 for a Greek return M1903 are too.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 6:29:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I hesitate to say they are good at marketing... the way they release things with video touting it and these preview periods where they tell you what is coming and give you 24 hours to think it over before they open up sales is a good strategy.  The issue I have with them is how I feel they take advantage of people by saying "best lot yet!" and "last chance ever" every time they get something, there is good marketing and then there is that kind of used car salesman BS.  That said while everyone falls for hype and makes a bad buy at some point, when they tell you about this stuff a day in advance and for the price they ask there is really no excuse for people to not educate themselves better on what they are buying, so if buyers would stop falling for this Classic would stop doing it.  Those humped Mausers are a prime example of this, look at how fast that overpriced junk sold.

I've never ordered from them so I can't say, but what would hold me up from ordering a gun I wanted them at a reasonable price is how many people seem to take issue with difference between what Classic advertises and what they got.  I do know someone who got two K31s from them a couple years ago and both were nice and as advertised so there is that.  

I'll be real curious to see if they have any K31s in the near future and how they are described given Century just had a handful for sale that appear to have been pieced together from spares; none that were listed had mags, some had cracked stocks, missing parts, etc, and if they do I'll bet they describe it as being a lot better than what showed up at my doorstep today (FWIW it was about the condition I expected aside from probably needing a new crown).
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 2:39:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I understand the market in CA is through the roof on B/A C&Rs since they got neutered on semi-autos.  Maybe that is who is paying round-boy's stupid prices.  
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 11:54:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I understand the market in CA is through the roof on B/A C&Rs since they got neutered on semi-autos.  Maybe that is who is paying round-boy's stupid prices.  
View Quote
Please explain.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 2:30:48 PM EDT
[#9]
LOL, they are geniuses at marketing to their target audience.    More power to them.

Making money legitimately should not be frowned on or discouraged.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:57:21 AM EDT
[#10]
legally they are fine.. ethically thats a WHOLE other conversation. I just pass on whatever they sell .
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:47:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
legally they are fine.. ethically thats a WHOLE other conversation. I just pass on whatever they sell .
View Quote
Same here.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:15:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Please explain.
View Quote
Just like my former New York the laws regarding semi autos are very draconian and it limits what you can have. Also they have regulations that make transfers and such a real pain. With handguns there is an "approved" list and you can't legally ( without some loophole efforts) obtain a pistol not on the approved list. Curio and relic era handguns are not subject to being on the approved list so prices are much higher than other places. For example a c&r age smith model ten revolver in worn but functional condition that may only cost say $250 in free America might be double that in California. I do not know all the details of California law, but suffice to say like New York it is hard for people from free America to understand what it is like to be a gun owner in such places
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top