Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2017 10:38:33 PM EDT
I picked these three up the other day.

1899 MK IV Webly. Refinished, shaved for .45 acp.

Attachment Attached File

1915 Colt New Service in .455....It came with a .45 conversion cylinder/crane. Brit property marked.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Nazi High-Power someone had nickled. It a shame but it's still a great shooter.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:07:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice new service... I had one in Iraq still in.455.  had one round of 1917 ammo. It was a dud...I tried it like 87 times...Never went off..

Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:10:04 PM EDT
[#2]
It is a shame that the high power is nickeled and that the Webley is shaved.  Good pickups though!
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 7:15:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It is a shame that the high power is nickeled and that the Webley is shaved.  Good pickups though!
View Quote
Yeah someone took a $1500+ H-P and made it a $600.00 shooter.....And a ugly one at that. That said I've seen all manner of what are now valuable mil-surp pistols nickled like that. I had a P-38 done in such a way. In the 50s most every jewerly store provided a nicking/bluing service for next to nothing so many a mil-surp got the treatment..

I'd rather the MK IV was still in .455 but even a shaved MK IV brings stupid money these days especially if the grips are intact.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 11:57:58 AM EDT
[#4]
How do you tell if the revolver is shaved from just eyeballing it? Do they mark the gun anywhere?
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 1:04:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
How do you tell if the revolver is shaved from just eyeballing it? Do they mark the gun anywhere?
View Quote
Recoil plate and cylinder face.  Compare it to the .455 Colt. See the large "gap".
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 6:38:46 PM EDT
[#6]
A lot of captured German pistols got nickle plated even before they came back to the US.

Germans would trade plating for cigarettes, food, etc...  Those were pretty desperate times during the occupation.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 9:05:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Besides the gap, the bottom of the serial numbers on the cylinder will be missing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top