Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2017 9:24:39 AM EDT
Rough but appears to be all there. I wanted a shooter and I think thats what I got.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:25:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 3:27:52 PM EDT
[#2]
what do you guys think?
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 5:01:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Rough, but if all correct, I'd rather have that than a pimp shined mismatch!

Numbers matching? Numbers on mags match?

A 1940 42 code (Mauser Oberndorf) I think mine is same year/code...whats your s/n? I'd shit if they were consecutive! Always on the look out for consecutive numbers!

I know a 98k collector that has consecutive numbered late war 98k's....
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:44:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Rough, but if all correct, I'd rather have that than a pimp shined mismatch!

Numbers matching? Numbers on mags match?

A 1940 42 code (Mauser Oberndorf) I think mine is same year/code...whats your s/n? I'd shit if they were consecutive! Always on the look out for consecutive numbers!

I know a 98k collector that has consecutive numbered late war 98k's....
View Quote
It's 7688. Neither mag matches but all the external parts do. Haven't stripped it yet. Once I get back from work trip I will. The previous owner never cleaned it or shot in the thirty years he had and I believe that.

Agree I would rather have this as a shooter than a over buffed and re blued gun. I ordered a new spring kit to have on hand if needed.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 11:10:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like a veteran . Could have seen some action maybe a hard won prize .
Now scrub that barrel and shoot .
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:21:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Its going to clean up and look pretty good - neglect is correctable, abuse isn't. Replace the springs (magazine springs too), disassemble, thoroughly clean, use flitz or fine steel wool with breakfree/clp, and try it out. Its going to look better than you think it will. be careful with the grips, remove screws and push up from the inside, watch the small lip by the safety. I treat mine with tung oil, and use a small gasket between the grips and screws.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 10:56:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Its going to clean up and look pretty good - neglect is correctable, abuse isn't. Replace the springs (magazine springs too), disassemble, thoroughly clean, use flitz or fine steel wool with breakfree/clp, and try it out. Its going to look better than you think it will. be careful with the grips, remove screws and push up from the inside, watch the small lip by the safety. I treat mine with tung oil, and use a small gasket between the grips and screws.
View Quote
Thanks! I am not too sure about the grips as the checkering looks fairly poorly done and they dont quite fit very well.

I have a set of VOPO grips since I am a DDR collector that I can throw on to shoot it but I am on the look out for a better set of wood grips.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 11:44:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I saw a nice 1937 at the Cabelas in Avon, OH a few weeks ago.  They wanted a little too much ($2300).  I passed and bought the Mauser Broomhandle they had
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 10:05:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I saw a nice 1937 at the Cabelas in Avon, OH a few weeks ago.  They wanted a little too much ($2300).  I passed and bought the Mauser Broomhandle they had
View Quote
I'm surprised they had those
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 10:11:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'm surprised they had those
View Quote
They had it in their library room.  Wish I could have bought both.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 1:56:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Broomhandle is on the list of future buys
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 2:55:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Don't wait too long.  Prices are going way up on them, especially if you're looking for something decent.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 9:12:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Pic's
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 2:18:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Pic's
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pic's
The broomhandle came without a stock.  I have one on order for it (original).  I'm waiting for it to get here to take photos and post.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 12:58:22 AM EDT
[#15]
I have same make and year with serial #9922.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:11:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have same make and year with serial #9922.
View Quote
nice. not too far apart. 7688 here
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 12:27:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Remember the letter is part of the serial number.  They run the numbers from 1 to 10,000 and then start over adding the letter.  The proper way to record the serial number is number, letter,  manufacturer, year and barrel length.  So you would have something like: 1,234C, DWM, 1916, 4 in.  If you don't you can have several pistols with the exact same serial number in a year.  Also as a general rule expect the magazine to be mismatched.  It is nice to get one matching, but don't expect it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top