Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2017 8:16:05 PM EDT
Two questions:

1) Have you noticed that the rear sight graduations are wrong? If it is dead on at 100 meters on the 100 meter setting, then it is low at 200 meters on the 200 meter setting. For 200 meters the 300 meter setting matches POI/POA. 

2) The rear sight leaf comes up during recoil. Every shot fired on the 300 meter setting moves the sight to the 400 meter setting. What's the solution to this? A new sight leaf? I have gunsmithing services I can use if it involves anything too serious.

ETA:  I am using 150 gr Prvi Partisan soft points.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 8:26:12 PM EDT
[#1]
1 corrected I was thinking of the M91

2 check that the rear sight is properly installed. You can remove and reinstall it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 8:27:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
1 the sight units are arshins not meters

2 check that the rear sight is properly installed. You can remove and reinstall it.
View Quote
M38s are in meters not arshins...

If your ammo isn't what the sights were calibrated for then that is also your problem.

M38s should be calibrated for light ball...~149grn ammo.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 9:17:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Check the push buttons on the sides of the rear sight. They need to be in the full out position to lock the sight in place.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top