Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2017 7:54:48 PM EDT
I have acquired from an uncle an early (when I looked it up I believe it was 1938-39 manufacture...cant remember factory off hand ) all matching type 99 he brought back from the pacific...(get ready to smile) he was not a gun guy so he put it up in his attic rolled up in a piece of carpeting and there it sat for~70years....it initially looked hopeless but surprisingly, after a very tedious  cleaning,  it actually looks pretty nice and the chrome line bore/muzzle looks mint.

This specimen , I guess like many , does not have a firing pin or safety....the early model firing pin and safeties seem to run about $100-125 for the both on ebay (not sure where else to find) and there are also the reproductions....not really trying to restore to collector status (if there is one) but really would like to shoot it a bit (have some ammo)....are the reproductions GTG or wait and find original early year type 99 parts even if at a premium price? (any suggestions on where to but is appreciated)

As always thanks for the assistance
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 7:51:21 AM EDT
[#1]
The parts are out there. The will run about $100 for both.. and you'll need the spring too...
check with Numrich and LibertyTree and see what they can do for you.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 10:05:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Buy original parts.

The repro parts often need fitting and just aren't made the same as originals.

Nothing is more of a slap to the face than putting modern Chinese parts on an antique Japanese rifle.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 7:47:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Lee's Gun Parts in Irving, TX.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top