Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2017 11:24:46 PM EDT
Always wanted an Arisaka, but I admittedly don't know everything about them. Saw this one at the gun show and figured it's about time I add one to the collection.

The chrysanthemum has been ground off (like, REALLY ground off), but it does have the aircraft sights and the rifling looked quite good.  Came with one of those brown plastic muzzle caps too. Private seller; for $180 and a handshake it came home with me.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 11:37:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice gun, nice price.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 11:38:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice score
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 12:40:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice. I have been looking for one for awhile that has both the AA sights and an intact mum, but talk about hens teeth.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 5:53:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice find, especially if the muzzle cap and cleaning rod are original.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 6:44:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice find, especially if the muzzle cap and cleaning rod are original.
View Quote
Do you know how I can tell?

Only numbers I've seen are on the bolt, extractor, and bayonet lug...all match the serial number on the receiver so far. My understanding is I push the square button in to get the cleaning rod out but it hasn't budged yet.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 7:51:47 PM EDT
[#6]
You did very well. I payed $200 for a "last ditch" with a fixed sight, un-ground mum and no import stamp. The pawn shop wanted $ 300 and I offered 200 otd even though I didn't really want it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 9:58:12 AM EDT
[#7]
This is my $175 Type 99. I thought I did very well and i think you did, too.

Link Posted: 3/22/2017 12:50:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Do you know how I can tell?

Only numbers I've seen are on the bolt, extractor, and bayonet lug...all match the serial number on the receiver so far. My understanding is I push the square button in to get the cleaning rod out but it hasn't budged yet.
View Quote
Wish I could say but can't unfortunately.  I never delved into that with mine, as it is a parts gun anyway so it's not something I spent time researching in order to track one down.  

The parts you mentioned are the only serial numbers the gun will have aside from the firing pin.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 10:41:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Found some 7.7 ammo locally and took it out shooting...first three rounds ever:

Attachment Attached File

Yeah it was only 25 yards...but it was fun
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 10:58:14 PM EDT
[#10]
That looks pretty nice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top