Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2017 4:25:31 PM EDT
I just got my C&R license, and wanted to get something right away. I decided on a single shot Husqvarna .22 rifle from Simpsons Ltd.

It's a model 255A from 1941-50, and at right around $100 I'm pretty pleased. I cleaned it up and will take it to the range tomorrow.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

While this rifle is nothing really special, I appreciate Simpsons' very small laser engraved import markings. "Sakrat" means Safe

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 4:30:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Just a couple more pictures

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Matching number bolt

Attachment Attached File

24" barrel
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 4:34:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 6:50:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 7:51:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 8:14:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Attachment Attached File

A quick 10 rounds through it today. 25 yards, kneeling.

I've never shot a single shot bolt rifle before, I had to do the feeding by hand (guide into chamber). I was expecting to be able to lay a round down and push the bolt forward, but it would not feed.

Normal? Maybe I'll just buy another one to see

Attachment Attached File

Chamber/Bore pics

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:33:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Normal for .22 LR, in my experience.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:40:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 1:12:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think most of those you just put the round in chamber and close the bolt?

I have seen those husky 22s on there for a while cheapys always wondered if they were worth a darn?
View Quote

I watched some YouTube videos of similar rifles and the rounds were being loaded like I had to.

I think they are good value. All the magazine fed husky 22s are missing magazines, that's why I stuck with single shot. I'm going to order another one of a different model.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:46:51 AM EDT
[#9]
I wonder if you could weld up some kind of feed ramp and polish it to a mirror shine and help that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top