Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2017 8:41:40 PM EDT
Long story short, someone in the family passed away and I have no idea about this stuff so any help identifying weapons and parts would be greatly appreciated.
I'm sure more will follow but this is a start.
Thanks

I think from what I have gathered so far that this one is an 1933 Hex Receiver Izhevsk. Is that correct? Value?

1943 Finnish M39, don't know the manufacturer and that's the best picture I have for this one unfortunately. Value?

#3&4
Appear to be SUOMI M31 Stick and drum mags...Value?

Link Posted: 3/11/2017 8:54:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Need more pics of the rifles....
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 9:02:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Need more pics of the rifles....
View Quote

Thats all I have as of right now from my uncle sorry
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 9:06:04 PM EDT
[#3]
#2 shouldn't be a Finn M39 its more likely a 91/30.

Those are Suomi drums and mags...google search will give you ball park value on those.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 9:16:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, now that I have 5 tabs of Mosin stuff pulled up, I agree about #2. Triangle with arrow meaning Izhevsk?
He just said to me that the electric pencil marking looked like it said M39 and I went with that.
Thank you for the input!
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 9:18:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yeah, now that I have 5 tabs of Mosin stuff pulled up, I agree about #2. Triangle with arrow meaning Izhevsk?
He just said to me that the electric pencil marking looked like it said M39 and I went with that.
Thank you for the input!
View Quote
importers info is often wrong...

yes izhevsk.,..
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 12:01:18 AM EDT
[#6]
And FYI, the dates on the bbls of Mosins are just that - bbl dates.  If it's a hex receiver, you can have a 1918 bbl date - and a French legal antique receiver.  Mosin receiver dates are on the underside of the rear tang, have to remove from the stock to read.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 2:23:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I think #2 could say M38, not M39. Is it a short rifle?
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 4:18:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Looks possible to me, too.

I think he's on to something here.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 4:40:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, its a short rifle.
My uncle has it in his possession as of the moment but I called him to ask him to take a better look at the markings, M38 was his conclusion (based on your input).
Learning quite a bit about these rifles as I go along and appreciate the feedback.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 5:29:10 PM EDT
[#10]
With any  collectible firearm with military history- need to see the whole thing to give adequate values.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 6:35:11 PM EDT
[#11]
While the Russians almost always dated the underside of the receiver tang, the French and the Americans did not.  If the tang is undated, look for Latin letters with an arrow or two sticking out.  If you see that, it is from the New England Westinghouse contract.  If you see a circle R, it is Remington.  If you see raised letters inside of a small shield, it is French.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 11:36:29 PM EDT
[#12]
The source for info on Mosin-Nagants:
7.62x54r.net
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 4:57:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Suomi drums and mags are not worth a lot not many things use them . Pre 2004 the drums were used to make drums for other guns but that has died . I had 5  I bought at $75 for all 5 at the creek years ago
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top