Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2017 10:54:35 AM EDT
My dad just picked up a Swedish Mauser with a factory threaded barrel. Does anyone know of a thread adapter to take that thread pattern up to the standard 5/8-24 on his .308 silencer? Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:40:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:49:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:23:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Outstanding! Have you done this yourself?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:32:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I haven't. Some quick internetting showed the Swedes have a 14mmx1 thread.

I think I may have the wrong one there. That's a LH thread, I didn't catch that. The Swedes are correct handed.
http://www.cncwarrior.com/M14x1-RH-to-5-8-24-RH-Thread-Adapter-p/25796.htm
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:36:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I think I may have the wrong one there. That's a LH thread, I didn't catch that. The Swedes are correct handed.
View Quote
Thanks. How careful do I need to be with something like this? I know how to crudely check for concentricity, but these threads were certainly not designed for silencer use.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:15:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thanks. How careful do I need to be with something like this? I know how to crudely check for concentricity, but these threads were certainly not designed for silencer use.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Put the adapter on and torque it down. Use a threadlocker like Rocksett and let it set up. Then put the suppressor on and sight down the bore from the action with the boot removed and make sure you can't see any of the suppressor.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:22:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Put the adapter on and torque it down. Use a threadlocker like Rocksett and let it set up. Then put the suppressor on and sight down the bore from the action with the boot removed and make sure you can't see any of the suppressor.
View Quote
Thanks. I'll try that.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 9:36:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, I finally installed it. Perfectly concentric, and decently quiet with supersonic ammo. Sounded like a nail gun with my subsonic loads.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 9:37:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Awesome.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 9:41:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Y'all should join the silencer Master Race. It's much more fun over here.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 6:35:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:08:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Y'all should join the silencer Master Race. It's much more fun over here.
View Quote

Someday when/if I don't have to pay extra and beg for permission to purchase one. For now, I'll just double up on hearing protection and buy more ammo.

Pics of suppressed swedish mauser?
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:58:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Factory flash hider

Silencer with adapter threaded in

And all put together
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 9:12:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Factory flash hider
http://i.imgur.com/qtX7VDv.jpg

Silencer with adapter threaded in
http://i.imgur.com/YIXN8CE.jpg

And all put together
http://i.imgur.com/O5chkPa.jpg
View Quote

WINNING!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 9:38:59 PM EDT
[#15]
FWIW the Swedes didn't use that flash suppressor.  They were an American invention.

The threads were for a blank firing adaptor.
Swede blanks had wooden bullets and the adaptor destroyed the bullet as it left the muzzle.

Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:26:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
FWIW the Swedes didn't use that flash suppressor.  They were an American invention.

The threads were for a blank firing adaptor.
Swede blanks had wooden bullets and the adaptor destroyed the bullet as it left the muzzle.

https://www.libertytreecollectors.com/productcart/pc/catalog/DSC03012.JPG
View Quote
I am aware of the blanks; I own 4,800 of them. I believe the flash hider is original, as it mounts the bayonet perfectly.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 8:17:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 1:58:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Well, I finally installed it. Perfectly concentric, and decently quiet with supersonic ammo. Sounded like a nail gun with my subsonic loads.
View Quote
Good to hear. I've been watching this thread as I have intentions of doing this to my own swede as soon as my saker 762 comes in.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 6:03:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Which version of the adapter did you get? I ask because did warrior lists two different versions.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 6:49:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Which version of the adapter did you get? I ask because did warrior lists two different versions.
View Quote
I got the Century 2008 one.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 2:58:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks. Any reason you went with that one? Just wondering as i have a threaded swedish mauser barrel coming in, that later down the road i would like to suppress.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 9:10:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Thanks. Any reason you went with that one? Just wondering as i have a threaded swedish mauser barrel coming in, that later down the road i would like to suppress.
View Quote
It was the default option.
I don't know what the difference is. Be warned, thet this adapter would not stay really tight to the rifle. I would definitely recommend some kind of thread locking compound, and a strap wrench to ensure it stays mounted.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 3:45:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I don't know what the difference is. Be warned, thet this adapter would not stay really tight to the rifle. I would definitely recommend some kind of thread locking compound, and a strap wrench to ensure it stays mounted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any update? Has the adapter moved at all, even with the thread locker? My barrel came in today. THe crown is messed up quite a bit, but the bore and rifling look great. So before the smith mounts it in the actions i am going to have them cut the little bit of barrel off that is unthreaded in front of the threads and give it a nice 11 degree crown.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 7:45:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Aorry, the silencer has moved back to its semi permanent home mounted in an AR. I never did use thread locker on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top