Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2017 11:05:31 PM EDT
The only ones I've gotten with M1 bayonets show a lot of wear. These have the marks on the back like the originals do but the color is throwing me off. For the price I paid for the three it wouldn't upset me too much. They were advertised as all original.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 11:43:51 PM EDT
[#1]
show the other side of the bayonets where the US flambing bomb logo is.

Also repros are normally pastic not the fiberglass weave laminate.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 12:02:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Here's one. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 6:18:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Do the scabbards themselves appear to have a criss-corss texture to the surface?  It's hard to make up but it appears that they do.  Original scabbard were fiberglass type weave laminate.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 9:18:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I put some oil on the bayos and wiped down the scabbards. Looks like they were coated in a very thin layer of flat green paint and there is the fiberglass underneath that. Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top