Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2017 6:41:03 PM EDT
If this is in the wrong section I apologize in advance. Would it be possible to put a Bren machine gun barrel on a enfield action? I'm thinking a no4 mk2. I know the sights would be off but I think it would be cool to do a Frankenstein mad max rifle. I have a few extra Bren barrels and was thinking of what to do with them. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 7:43:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Anything's possible, with machine tools and welding. I wouldn't expect it to be easy.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:12:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 5:50:20 PM EDT
[#3]
The shank of the Bren barrel would have to be turned on a lathe to match the threads/shoulder profile of a Enfield action. Then the chamber would have to be re-cut. I'm sure a machinist could duplicate the thread pitch, and cutting a chamber can be done, but you're probably looking a pretty expensive undertaking, something that would cost more than it would be worth if you sold it. But if you want to spend the $, go for it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 9:48:45 AM EDT
[#4]
If I remember correctly, the Germans did something similar at the end of WW2.  I think it was MG08 barrels, but I forget the details.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 5:25:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for all the replies. I'm gonna talk to my gunsmith to see what he thinks and get an estimate on price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top