Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2017 12:03:35 AM EDT
Just thought I'd inform everyone that Omega Weapons has Chinese T-53s for $99 shipped. Granted they are in rough shape, but they clean up nicely. I've ordered two so far, my first one being a 1956 T53. I threw in a few extra bucks on my most recent order to specially request any year but 1956. Haven't picked it up yet cause my FFL just got back from an extended stay in Vegas for shot show.

Yeah, I know I need to get my C&R but my FFL does transfers for super cheap.

My first one is cleaning up nice, no numbers matching at all. Lucked out and got one with a rack number on it. On a different forum, someone got one with a cleaning rod as well

Here is the link

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 1:28:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Interesting. Says $150 online. Are the shootable?
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 1:31:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I remember when they had them for three for $99.00.....I did not even know Omega was still around. I wonder if it's run by the same guy from the 90s.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 5:37:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
that's a Chinese Mauser
Where are the t-53s OP?
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 2:24:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I remember when they had them for three for $99.00.....I did not even know Omega was still around. I wonder if it's run by the same guy from the 90s.
View Quote

It's the same guy, he's super nice to talk to. Said he found this batch squirreled away, he thought he had sold them all when they were still around $35 each plus shipping
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 2:25:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
that's a Chinese Mauser
Where are the t-53s OP?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
that's a Chinese Mauser
Where are the t-53s OP?

Guess they updated the website due to selling them all. Was a live link last night when I first posted
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 2:26:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's for the Chinese Mausers, my T53 has been very shootable. I did a quick clean up so I could test fire before I spent too much time cleaning it up.

Sorry fellows, apparently they updated the website since I first posted cause they were listed right above the AK bayonet package
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:44:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Mauser and t53 I bought from him around 2007. They are rough
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 9:28:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have a Mauser and t53 I bought from him around 2007. They are rough
View Quote

rough as in needs some serious cleaning and replace a few springs? Or rough as in needs major repairs/gunsmithing? Debating one of the mausers as a winter project.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 10:21:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 2:40:33 PM EDT
[#10]
From what I've heard, the Chinese Mausers are best served as decorative wall art pieces. Though someone of Russian Mosin Nagant forum got one and was using it for hunting several years ago
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 5:13:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've never seen a chinese mauser with a shootable bore.  

A buddy and I have been sorting, cleaning, and selling off a collection of a late friend.  He had a couple pallets of chinese mausers.  I'd guess maybe 2-300, maybe more.  FWIW, some look nice on the outside, look like decent respectable mausers, then you see the bore.  No bore, rifling half way, rifling 3/4 of the way, all of them.  Then you get the ones the chinese have made stocks for....Oh boy you really should see some of those  I took one certain German K98k that had been used by the chinese, 75% of it matches too, bore is rough, but barely still there.  I headspaced it and took to the range just for shits and giggles, it shoots a bit low at 50yds, but the bullet goes through the target sideways

Yeah, if you want a chinese mauser, don't ever expect to shoot it.
View Quote

thanks for the info, you probably saved me some money and frustration
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 1:19:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It's the same guy, he's super nice to talk to. Said he found this batch squirreled away, he thought he had sold them all when they were still around $35 each plus shipping
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then that's the guy that had the deal for ten thousand (possibly more) Chi-Com Mauser Broomhandle pistols fall through in the late 90s.

Something about a investor either backed out or tried to get them all and cut the Omega guy out of the deal.

I'd love to hear the whole story on that one as the details were not all that clear, more like mil-surp lore.....The pistols were said to be in huge chicken wire baskets stored in a cave with other vintage hardware the chi-coms had put away after the revolution. Makes me wonder if they are still there.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 1:23:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top