Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2017 4:05:26 PM EDT
I bought one and I'm curious what I'm in for. I couldn't find installation instructions. Installed!

Now: Does anyone know where to find the appropriate eye pieces? There's SO MANY models, I'm at a complete loss. This is the one I bought:

http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/parkerhalerearsighttargmatchforno4enfield.aspx

Link Posted: 1/16/2017 6:01:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't done it myself but I've seen one installed. It's a simple drop-in installation using existing tapped holes in the receiver. Where everything goes should be obvious.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 6:39:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I haven't done it myself but I've seen one installed. It's a simple drop-in installation using existing tapped holes in the receiver. Where everything goes should be obvious.
View Quote

Well that's a relief. I'm not mechanically inclined
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 12:40:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Now: Does anyone know where to find the appropriate eye pieces? There's SO MANY models, I'm at a complete loss. This is the one I bought:

http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/parkerhalerearsighttargmatchforno4enfield.aspx

Link Posted: 1/28/2017 1:16:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Most screw-ins of that era have the same thread size so really all you have to do is pick the one that you like.

I grabbed a few of my loose adjustable aperture sights to show you. (No, they are not for sale.)

Top is a BSA, it's the same tread pitch as the two P-Hs under it.

Notice that they are taper threads, they get tighter the farther you screw them in.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Like I said it's really up to the taste of the shooter.....Hope this helps.

BTW....eBay is always you best bet (there are several on there now) but they are not cheap......Expect to pay $60-$80 in good shape.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 1:31:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Most screw-ins of that era have the same thread size so really all you have to do is pick the one that you like.

I grabbed a few of my loose adjustable aperture sights to show you. (No, they are not for sale.)

Top is a BSA, it's the same tread pitch as the two P-Hs under it.

Notice that they are taper threads, they get tighter the farther you screw them in.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/88145/DSCN5881--2--135082.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/88145/DSCN5882--2--135084.JPG

Like I said it's really up to the taste of the shooter.....Hope this helps.

BTW....eBay is always you best bet (there are several on there now) but they are not cheap......Expect to pay $60-$80 in good shape.
View Quote

Oh that's good news. The pitch is what I was concerned about.

Thank you so much! Off to Ebay!
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 9:39:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Try this guy he has soooo many things and knows just about everything he is a local to our area shows.
He is the "sight man"
Ken Bean (717) 755-9070
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 12:36:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Try this guy he has soooo many things and knows just about everything he is a local to our area shows.
He is the "sight man"
Ken Bean (717) 755-9070
View Quote

I may do that, depending on how my order goes.

I ended up buying this:

PH62 Ebay
We'll see if it fits!

It's just going on a Gibbs No4Mk1 "Jungle Carbine" repro, so it's not the end of the world either way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top