Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2016 4:23:27 PM EDT
I'm looking to add one to my collection and have been doing some research but there are some questions I can't find answers to,
First- what are the collecability of these? They in my opinion have a definite place in Japanese military history.
Second-where some made without a two piece buttstock?
Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 4:47:37 PM EDT
[#1]
http://user.pa.net/~the.macs/JAPANESE.html

I had one of the cast iron receivered blank firing rifles and a training bayonet....Even had some wooden bullet cartridges.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 5:51:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 7:19:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://user.pa.net/~the.macs/JAPANESE.html

I had one of the cast iron receivered blank firing rifles and a training bayonet....Even had some wooden bullet cartridges.
View Quote

Thanks for the link. Looks like they are all one piece stocks at least the ones pictured. What's the colectability on these?
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 7:30:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I know a total of one person that collects them.....That's where my example went.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 8:23:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm looking to add one to my collection and have been doing some research but there are some questions I can't find answers to,
First- what are the collecability of these? They in my opinion have a definite place in Japanese military history.
View Quote

My grandfather brought one home from Okinawa,  My father has it in a display case that I had made.  Don't know the value but it is an heirloom for us therefore irreplaceable.  Have a bayonet on it also, and it has the antiaircraft sights too.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:39:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

My grandfather brought one home from Okinawa,  My father has it in a display case that I had made.  Don't know the value but it is an heirloom for us therefore irreplaceable.  Have a bayonet on it also, and it has the antiaircraft sights too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's awesome. I had a close family friend give me a Japanese officers sword from Okinawa before he passed. He also gave me a Smith and Wesson 38 with 11 notches in the frame above the cylinder. Being a former Marine I  will never get rid of either one of those.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top