Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2016 1:21:22 PM EDT
Went to my local gun shop this morning and they had gotten in a collection that included several US Property marked Remington 513s.

I picked out two of them to buy at $280 each out the door. One has a parkerized finish and is marked "military finish" and has an FJA inspection cartouche and LEAD marked in the stock.

The other is a blued finish with these cartouches

I understand the LEAD is Letterkenny Army Depot but what are the ones on the other one?

How did I do price wise? They both are in pretty nice shape

Is the "military finish" marked one more rare, unusual or valuable?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:46:05 PM EDT
[#1]
AAM;  Augusta Arsenal
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 3:52:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Somebody has been shopping at CMP.......
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:14:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah but not recently as they haven't had them for a while.

It was an older guys collection and he had several of them, like 7 or so, and some 1903 Springfields, and Lee Enfields. Did the CMP ever do Enfields?

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:15:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
AAM;  Augusta Arsenal
View Quote

I'm used to seeing that just being marked AA from the 1911 world.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:20:05 PM EDT
[#5]
You did good . it has been a while since the CMP sold those off.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:33:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah but not recently as they haven't had them for a while.

It was an older guys collection and he had several of them, like 7 or so, and some 1903 Springfields, and Lee Enfields. Did the CMP ever do Enfields?

View Quote

M1917 "American Enfields," yes, but not Lee-Enfields.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 6:19:18 AM EDT
[#7]
I knew about the Eddystones but was just curious where he got a bunch of Lee Enfields with cosmoline on them still. I guess he just bought them back in the day when they were readily available.

I thought about picking up a Longbranch they had but don't really need one or want to get into 303 stuff though I do have an RIC carbine and a Jungle Carbine already.

I didn't have enough cash on me yesterday so I'll probably pick them up today and post some pics of them.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 9:19:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Will they ship?  I'd love one!
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 6:12:31 PM EDT
[#9]
They said they would and you have their contact info so ball is in your court
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 8:45:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice find
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top