Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2016 1:12:38 PM EDT
Are these the rarest imported mil issued long arm out there?  I understand there may have been 6,000 made, so who knows how many still exist.  What are they selling for now?
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 1:41:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Are these the rarest imported mil issued long arm out there?  I understand there may have been 6,000 made, so who knows how many still exist.  What are they selling for now?
View Quote

No they aren't rarest. Not by a long shot. About 20k produce.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 1:43:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Semi-auto? Maybe. The MAS-44 was produced in similar small numbers (6200), as was the Egyptian Rasheed and the Syrian version of the MAS-49. Some variations of FN 49 might also have similar small production totals (Luxembourg?).

ETA: If production totals for the Albanian SKS were 20k, then yeah, those others I listed are a good bit rarer.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 2:25:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 3:02:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I think around 8k rasheeds were made?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Semi-auto? Maybe. The MAS-44 was produced in similar small numbers (6200), as was the Egyptian Rasheed and the Syrian version of the MAS-49. Some variations of FN 49 might also have similar small production totals (Luxembourg?).

ETA: If production totals for the Albanian SKS were 20k, then yeah, those others I listed are a good bit rarer.

I think around 8k rasheeds were made?

Something like that. Exact totals aren't really known, people are just going off of recorded serial numbers. No idea how many survive, but it's not 8000.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 3:22:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:17:33 PM EDT
[#6]
IIRC Kokalis said the E German SKS is the rarest of the breed.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:18:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Gotta be up there with the North Korean/Vietnamese produced ones
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 1:52:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My Nam buddies tell me they only saw Russian/Chinese SKSes....is there really a North Korean?  (ETA, my understanding is this rifle is a Sino SKS that was modified, but how?)

I've been told the German SKS are folklore too.  The Germans still hate the Russians so I don't see them ever adopting their guns. (ETA, apparently there is a German SKS too)
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:05:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes it does appear ~18,000 Albanians were made.  The 6,000 are what is thought to still exist (many were destroyed).   Wiki says the North Korean, Vietnamese, East German, and Albanian SKSs bring a higher price than those of other countries.  So what kind of prices are we talking for the respective countries?  I saw an Albanian SKS for over $9,000 online and I assume that is just some crazy seller.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:03:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

My Nam buddies tell me they only saw Russian/Chinese SKSes....is there really a North Korean?  (ETA, my understanding is this rifle is a Sino SKS that was modified, but how?)

I've been told the German SKS are folklore too.  The Germans still hate the Russians so I don't see them ever adopting their guns. (ETA, apparently there is a German SKS too)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

North Korea did produce their own copy domestically that I believe is pretty close to a Sino-Soviet.

IIRC, less than a hundred are state side, maybe even less than 50. The guys over at theakforum are pretty knowledgeable about such things if you wanted to get an in-depth explination
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 8:42:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think I read something claiming there were two known in the US. Add a (very) few bringbacks whose owners don't know what they have in the back of the closet and maybe we can say a dozen?
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 5:02:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Yes it does appear ~18,000 Albanians were made.  The 6,000 are what is thought to still exist (many were destroyed).   Wiki says the North Korean, Vietnamese, East German, and Albanian SKSs bring a higher price than those of other countries.  So what kind of prices are we talking for the respective countries?  I saw an Albanian SKS for over $9,000 online and I assume that is just some crazy seller.
View Quote
I've got an Albanian with matching numbers I'll sell for only $4,000.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 12:08:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That should make the mismatched one  my friend has worth $1750 right? I'll have to let him know.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 12:33:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 11:24:31 AM EDT
[#15]
I have a RIC carbine.  There aren't many in this country, or anywhere else for that matter.  Not sure what the rarest milsurp import would be.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 7:42:46 AM EDT
[#16]
I would wager the Enfield 308 Sniper or M1 C/D models.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top