Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2016 12:15:36 PM EDT
Saw a thing on these.

Anyone have one? Worth buying?

Seems like a fun rifle to plink steel with.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 12:42:19 PM EDT
[#1]
The one that I had shot well. Most of them wear sold to Honduras at some point and the barrels show quite a bit of corrosion.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 2:26:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 3:11:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Every one I ever ran across was beaten to death.  Also they always seemed overpriced for what there are.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 7:19:52 PM EDT
[#4]
They aren't all beat to death.  

These are my 2.  the one on the left was made by FN on a contract order for the IDF in the mid 1950's.  The one on the right was made by JP Saur & Sons in 1944, was used by the Nazis, and eventually smuggled to the Haganah.  Its probably got the coolest history of any of my C&R rifles.  Both were converted to 7.62 NATO by the IDF.  The one on the left has a better barrel.  The one on the right is frosty but shoots fine at 100 yards.

ETA, the one on the left came with an IDF sling with Hebrew markings.  Pretty cool bonus!

Matt
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 9:18:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 8:00:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I want one so damn much.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 4:23:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I have one is great shape I picked up on the EE last year. It took me five years to find one like it for a decent price. Sorry to say I don't have pictures of it to post.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 5:24:43 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a pretty rough one I picked up locally. The rifle shoots way high and the bore looks fair but dark. I have had it a few years and not really messed with it. I got mine for about $150. From what I researched I believe it came out of Guatemala after  Israel sold it off

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:45:11 AM EDT
[#9]
As said above the most recent imports came from South America and are well worn or poorly stored at the very least.  The earlier imports are quite nice with excellent bores and good finish.  The visual difference is usually obvious even in pictures.  They all have gotten pricey in my opinion but I would certainly consider all examples if the price was right.  Though I'd prefer to inspect the more recent one's first hand.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 12:47:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top