Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2016 2:49:40 PM EDT
Need any and all Info  on possible trade for a Finnish mosin sniper. I listed a Remington 700 vtr .223 on armslist for trade and have been offered the said rifle. I know nothing about these and am hoping someone can give me an idea of what it could be worth or things to check on. He sent me one crappy picture and a stock photo that is supposed to be identical to his. Rifle is at his parents house. He said it's an io import, numbers all match best he can tell and it has a Russian posp quick detach scope. Might have a few boxes of ammo but he's not sure. So what can anybody tell me?

I can email the two pics he sent me if anyone would like to see them but they are of poor quality. Thanks for any and all help
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 3:04:26 PM EDT
[#1]
whats your rifle worth?
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 3:17:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
whats your rifle worth?
View Quote

My rifle sells new from buds for $738 has a Nikon prostaff scope $200 from Amazon Harris bipod $100 and 200 rounds of 223 that's about $160 or so.  I'm really leaning toward dismissing the deal but don't want to pass is it's something really cool that I don't know anything about
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 3:43:21 PM EDT
[#3]
A Finnish Mosin Sniper?  I would be skeptical w/o pics of the rifle.  Care to post the pic that is just like his?
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 3:51:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
A Finnish Mosin Sniper?  I would be skeptical w/o pics of the rifle.  Care to post the pic that is just like his?
View Quote

VERY skeptical!
Unless you are an expert enough to know all the in and outs, I'd avoid this deal.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 3:58:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

VERY skeptical!
Unless you are an expert enough to know all the in and outs, I'd avoid this deal.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

VERY skeptical!

I'm definitely not pulling the trigger unless you all give me the go ahead. I don't have a photo host account but if you I'm me a email I'll forward it to you.

Also the scope on it is not a pu style scope. It's a somewhat newer Russian style with a rubber gator on the back like you would see on a dragunov rifle. Maybe 80's if I had to guess.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 4:12:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Wait, a Finn Mosin Nagant sniper with a POSP scope???

Don't sound right...I don't think anyone except a bubba have mounted POSP's on a Mosin....

If its genuinely a real Finnish Sniper, I would go for it....

But if its a POSP on it, its bubba...AFAIK the Finns used Russian PE's and Finn Ajack's on their snipers...

Without good and detailed pics, I'd tell him to pound sand....
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 4:34:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I am pretty sure that is not a legit sniper
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 4:44:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Need any and all Info  on possible trade for a Finnish mosin sniper. I listed a Remington 700 vtr .223 on armslist for trade and have been offered the said rifle. I know nothing about these and am hoping someone can give me an idea of what it could be worth or things to check on. He sent me one crappy picture and a stock photo that is supposed to be identical to his. Rifle is at his parents house. He said it's an io import, numbers all match best he can tell and it has a Russian posp quick detach scope. Might have a few boxes of ammo but he's not sure. So what can anybody tell me?

I can email the two pics he sent me if anyone would like to see them but they are of poor quality. Thanks for any and all help
View Quote

What he had is hacked together infantry Finnish mosin M39 with added 70s/80s POSP by InterOrdnance. They did those circa 2000.  Not worth anywhere near what you have in your gun.

Surprise this wasn't a dead give away to run away by many here!!
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 4:56:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What he had is hacked together infantry Finnish mosin M39 with added 70s/80s POSP by InterOrdnance. They did those circa 2000.  Not worth anywhere near what you have in your gun.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for all the info. I was pretty set on running off but I still kick myself for not getting a mosin pu from the last batch aim had in so just in case I figured I'd ask the experts. It seemed like it was a odd importer mess but like I originally stated I know nothing about them.

Thanks again
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 6:02:54 PM EDT
[#10]
One occasionally finds SA-marked 91/30 snipers. I've seen one recently.

M39 SOV... I think a few ended up making the trip across the pond sans their PE scopes... but those must command hugenormous money.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 9:24:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Yea I honestly figured it was nothing special being the glass appeared to be 30 years newer than the rifle and my gut told me it would be nothing. But I couldn't help but ask. I guess it's better to have this thread than the hey everyone come check out my awesome new mosin sniper thread!!
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 10:51:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 11:15:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Does it look like this? If so, it's one of those Inter Ordnance faked snipers.

Link Posted: 8/4/2016 7:37:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Does it look like this? If so, it's one of those Inter Ordnance faked snipers.

http://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M3bab7c38d149eabe60dd91236b8935eeo0&w=243&h=182&c=7&rs=1&qlt=90&o=4&pid=1.1
View Quote

Yep. That's the one
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 1:29:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Saw this old thread and thought I would add my $0.25.

Had the opportunity to shoot an apparent fake Finn Mosin sniper that was actually a very good shooter. This particular example was not an interordnance  wonder, but something else again.

It appeared to be a legit. 91/30 capture dated 1939 with SA markings and a war time Finn stock, it clearly could not be an original PU, because they were not made in 1939, but it had a correct Russian PU scope, and a correct scope mount. I liked it too because of the significance of the year 1939 with the Soviet aggression toward Finland, and Finland's heroic stand.

As for how it shot, side by  side with a legit. Russian Mosin 91/30 PU, the Finn capture did slightly better, but not by a wide margin, grouping around 1-inch at 100 meters using 7N1 ammo. The trigger was not very good, and that rifle really looked like it had been in a war, but that thing did shoot!

The bent bolt appeared to be the fake type, more of a chromed look to it than the authentic. Parts were all non-matching, but that is typical of a Finn rework.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top