Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2016 9:30:50 PM EDT
So my k31 has a problem with extracting fired rounds. Im usinh gp11 so the ammo shouldn't be the issue, it's about 1/3 of the time. Im not sure if my extractor is worn down or what ill post pics of the bolt.

http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/flak188/library/Mobile%20Uploads?sort=3&page=1
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 10:16:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I have owned 8 K31's over the years and never had a problem with extraction. I would give the chamber a really good cleaning with a .45 caliber bore brush, strip the bolt, clean and then check the claw real good.

ETA:

After looking at your extractor there is a big difference when I look at one of mine. Check the curve on the extractor that matches the curve of the bolt face. Even though your pic is a bit out of focus I do not see that on your extractor. It looks almost straight or even curved in the opposite direction(convex). How does it look in person?

Link Posted: 7/16/2016 10:59:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Ya mine has a slight curve to it. Definitely doesnt look as pronounced as yours. How does that eveb happen
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 11:19:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Tough to tell from the pics but I would say someone "worked" on that extractor. Did a quick search and ouch! The only K31 extractor I saw on Ebay was for $78. Good luck with it.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 11:56:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Shit.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 9:01:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Swissriflesmessageboard.com
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 1:17:34 PM EDT
[#6]
At first glance, it definitely appears that the extractor on the OPs rifle is either extremely worn or was worked over by somebody for whatever reason. It looks like the claw was radiused and possibly some material was removed from the underside of the extractor claw. The extractor on my K31 looks exactly like the one pictured above. It has a much sharper edge than the OPs extractor. My K31 extracts and ejects cases with authority shooting either GP11 or Prvi ammo.

I haven't seen K31 extractors for sale, but I haven't specifically looked for one either. I'm willing to bet that if you replaced the extractor, your issues will cease.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top