Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2016 7:00:00 PM EDT
I received my application for renewal in the mail and the instructions state all new responsible persons have to submit fingerprints
and a photo.   I do not remember this before and what is up with that?  Does that apply to me or if I add someone to it.  Or just new
Applicants.  Please advise
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 8:15:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I received my application for renewal in the mail and the instructions state all new responsible persons have to submit fingerprints
and a photo.   I do not remember this before and what is up with that?  Does that apply to me or if I add someone to it.  Or just new
Applicants.  Please advise
View Quote

Are you sure it's not talking about NFA trusts?
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 12:55:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm pretty sure that is if you are an FFL01 and have employees, not C&R FFLs.  Kind of like the business hours.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 6:59:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm pretty sure that is if you are an FFL01 and have employees, not C&R FFLs.  Kind of like the business hours.
View Quote

I would like to think so too. But it does not state that.  The instruction sheet is for for 8 part ii by the way
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 8:30:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Any updates?
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 6:12:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 5:49:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Just received my renewal, kind of thinking of just allowing it to expire though.  Any reason to keep a C&R license around these days with everything dried up?
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 6:03:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Never filled out a fingerprint card for a C&R.

And I still the versatility in having a license.  Plenty of other guns out there that are 50yrs old that make it worth while.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 6:53:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 11:58:39 AM EDT
[#9]
I had the same question, about photos and fingerprints, which I'd not remembered from the orignal document.

Possibly the same renewal form is used for 01 and 03 FFLs, so there are questions that don't apply to 03, while the original application is a dedicated document, so for 03 it does not ask about photos and prints.

I was on the fence too.  It pays for itself with 2 buys, and is far eaiser to use than coordinating with a FFL for purchase, and then pick up.

Plus, I feel like I'm saying "Screw you King Barry" every time the UPS man drops a firearm off at my door, and that's hard to put a price on, besides being wonderful.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 3:56:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 3:31:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Can the insults and Mr. Know it All attitude.  This is a techincal forumn, not a way to show how wonderful you are.

With the 41F change on NFA items to require prints and fingerprints, it would not be out of the question that ATF now required that for even 03 FFL licences, hence the posts about it, for those going through their first renewal.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 5:29:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 12:31:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Did my renewal and got it off in the mail on September 8.  Got the new one back in the mail on Friday, September 23.  That's about the fastest turnaround I have had on a renewal.  Didn't notice any big changes on the renewal application.

You really only need to buy one or two guns in the three years to earn your money back.  Numrich still gives deals to CCR holders and there are some new auction sites out there popping up that have better prices than gunbroker.

Matt
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 5:40:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:50:59 PM EDT
[#15]
I am letting my c&r drop only so I can ditch my bound book. I will start over again best cash I have ever spent for 3 years of fun :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top