Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2016 9:40:11 PM EDT
Heard a few reports on a C&R Facebook page about the new AIM CZ82s having issues with the hammer not remaining back during fire. I haven't taken mine out yet. Simply wondered if people have encountered the issue and what the fix is.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 10:12:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Apparently some were missing sear springs
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 11:13:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I haven't taken mine out yet either.  Hmm.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 1:27:43 PM EDT
[#3]
no issueswith mine. took it out week I got it. Really like it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 1:11:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Took mine out and it stopped shooting SA after the first mag. Only shoots DA. I'll have to see if it's a dear spring issue or something else. Kinda sucks.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 9:40:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Took mine out again... sigh... now it shooting about 3-4 rounds per mag as SA.

I emailed AIM. Their response is below. I contacted Century over the phone and they said to email them: [email protected] to request warranty service. I plan to send it in. PITA...

hate to hear this.  I have had a couple of customer who said they were missing a trigger bar spring.  I might recommend contacting Century as they are the ones who imported these guns.  They should be able to get it fixed or replaced for you.  Here is their contact info.  If they do not get you take care of please let me know.

Century International Arms, Inc.
430 South Congress Ave, Suite 1
Delray Beach, FL 33445 USA
1-800-527-1252
http://www.centuryarms.com/External/QProfileAdd.aspx?QTID=1
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 12:02:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I've emailed them. Will advise once I hear back.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 12:48:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Getting it apart and adding the spring is a challenge but not impossible.  Here's a few tips.  The straw idea is mine and made things very easy.

Nice Tip for the CZ 82. Hold the ejector and auto safety together with a piece of toothpick or small pin.

You know those small straws they tack onto caned sprays?

Use the straw slipped over the straight leg of the sear spring to guide the sear spring back into place while replacing the ejector and auto safety while assembling the CZ82.

Set the leg in place with the straw and slip it off once there.

http://sailorcurt.com/2009/01/cz-82-gunsmithing-part-13.html/ is a great link to help.

Mine was ringing my hand like a bad hit with a metal base ball bat. A new main spring helped that a bunch.

Link Posted: 7/14/2016 9:28:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Century said they couldn't find my serial number. So I sent photos of the import mark and the serial - now they've gone silent. Kinda frustrating, but I just sent another follow up email.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 9:46:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Century said they couldn't find my serial number. So I sent photos of the import mark and the serial - now they've gone silent. Kinda frustrating, but I just sent another follow up email.
View Quote

Ha! They repiled right away on Friday in email after I called and they said I need to email. They sent a waiver I had to sign and email back. I sent it back a couple hours later and since then... crickets...  I will call tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 11:15:23 AM EDT
[#10]
I called.. apparently someone has to create me a "shipping account" which wasnt done yet before they can issue me RMA but he will make sure its done today... sigh. Is Century a Govt agency? They must be contracted to handle NFA approvals too..
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 6:17:49 AM EDT
[#11]
I got mine back from repair. The gunsmith notes said they replaced the hammer spring. That doesnt sound like it will fix the problem to me. I wont be able to take it out for a couple weeks.... hope it works.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 5:54:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Mine is having the same problem  with the hammer reset.  Sometimes it will reset the hammer when fired but most of the time it reverts back to double action.  How painful was the experience of sending it back to Century Arms?  I was debating just sending it to CZ USA but it Century will do it for free then I will do that.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 6:34:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Mine is having the same problem  with the hammer reset.  Sometimes it will reset the hammer when fired but most of the time it reverts back to double action.  How painful was the experience of sending it back to Century Arms?  I was debating just sending it to CZ USA but it Century will do it for free then I will do that.
View Quote

Mine had same problem. Dont know if its fixed or not.

It was relatively painless but you have to have a receipt in form of pdf or pic. I printed my Aim email receipt and took a pic with phone. Then they ignored me for a few days and I had to call them back. They got me a return shipping label right away and returned it with few weeks... Unlike IO who has had my PPS43C since March.... they suck.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 4:33:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Ran 100 rnds Saturday. No issues. Looks like they fixed mine.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 2:48:18 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote
What did they say they repaired?

Link Posted: 9/7/2016 6:32:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Hammer spring" but that dont make sense to me..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top