Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2016 5:01:03 PM EDT

http://www.southernohiogun.com/sks-rifles-7-62x39-cal.html

$425, plus optional $10 hand pick, plus optional $10 fee for exterior cosmo cleaning

Link Posted: 4/16/2016 6:24:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Unissued since arsenal refinishing would be the honest assessment.

They sent the log book with mine.  It was issued.  To several units.

In outstandingly good shape, but hardly unissued.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 7:24:41 PM EDT
[#2]
can't speak about these but way back when the Yugos first started showing up many of them were truely unishued .

The two I bought at the local store had some dings on the wood but when I cleaned it off it was clearly a new gun .

I guess this was a dozen or more years back for stupid money . Wish I had bought the crate o Yugos
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 8:57:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a couple of the unissued ones back about the same time. If they are going for that kind of money I may have to sell them both. I prefer my Chinese variant without the grenade launcher.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:56:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought a couple of the unissued ones back about the same time. If they are going for that kind of money I may have to sell them both. I prefer my Chinese variant without the grenade launcher.
View Quote

Well , I agree but I had to let one go to a friend I owed favors to and the one I kept I drilled and put a Lyman peep sight on . Sounds dumb now but I only paid $135 and wanted to use it as a shooter . I believe at the time you could buy a wooden crate full for $1200 . Don't remember if the crate held 10 or 12 .

Guys were buying the crate , selling off half the guns for $150 each and makeing a glass topped coffee table out of the crate and the bottom layer of guns
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 11:04:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I should have bought more back when AIM had them for $149 shipped.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 3:28:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Well , I agree but I had to let one go to a friend I owed favors to and the one I kept I drilled and put a Lyman peep sight on . Sounds dumb now but I only paid $135 and wanted to use it as a shooter . I believe at the time you could buy a wooden crate full for $1200 . Don't remember if the crate held 10 or 12 .

Guys were buying the crate , selling off half the guns for $150 each and makeing a glass topped coffee table out of the crate and the bottom layer of guns
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That sounds about right. I paid $129 each at the funshow for mine.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 10:15:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Dang.. wish they had the $10 cleaning option when I bought mine.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 10:56:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Truth! I bet it took me 4 hours with mineral spirits to clean the first one. I left the other as is. Their cleaning option is only the outside though. Twice as much on the inside if they are like mine were back then.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 11:30:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Truth! I bet it took me 4 hours with mineral spirits to clean the first one. I left the other as is. Their cleaning option is only the outside though. Twice as much on the inside if they are like mine were back then.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine were noticeably lighter with it all removed!
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 12:42:13 AM EDT
[#10]

Wow these have gone up.  Got one while the getting was good for under $200
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:52:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

can't speak about these but way back when the Yugos first started showing up many of them were truely unishued .

The two I bought at the local store had some dings on the wood but when I cleaned it off it was clearly a new gun .

I guess this was a dozen or more years back for stupid money . Wish I had bought the crate o Yugos
View Quote
This, I bought one in the same shape.  Had a few dings in the wood but looked brand new.  I still have it and have only fired a couple of clips through it.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:42:33 AM EDT
[#12]
sks, with limited historical significance, for the price of price of AR/AK?  Hardly see the worth there
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:55:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
sks, with limited historical significance, for the price of price of AR/AK?  Hardly see the worth there
View Quote

fixed mag, C/R gun, not on ban list in some states.
History, reliable, 7.62x39 and with future laws who knows what there worth will be against ak and ar's

2 yrs ago I got offered a never fired Yugo and a Norinco chinese, in a 2 gun case and 700 rnds wolf. 200.00
The Norinco was used and in great shape.

My first Sks norinco was 110.00 out of a crate of 5 group buy.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:10:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link us to where you're getting AR/AK for $420 please.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:05:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let's see $435 ( which is really $448 after you tag on the hidden CC fees SOG charges extra) gets you surplus "like new" SKS that you still need to decosmo or you can get:

1. Decently modded out Radical Firearms AR-15 from AIM for $479 that's actually new and not as-is

2. AMD pattern AK for $479 from Classic or CSF thats again new and not sold as-is
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:13:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Ah, the bottom end AR and an AK from an unscrupulous seller.

Got it.

Exactly equivalent.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:17:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Ah, the bottom end AR and an AK from an unscrupulous seller.

Got it.

Exactly equivalent.
View Quote

Since when is AIM and Centerfire systems unscrupulous vendor? Did I miss something?

And let's not act like obsoleted SKS is the pinnacle of firearms engineering and epitome of effective battle rifle .   You asked where you can get AR or AK for that much and I showed you exactly where.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:07:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Meh, I sold all of my Yugo 59/66's as I never cared for the rifle itself. Kind of neat if you get the grenade/ tennis ball launcher. I prefer the Yugo model 59 instead.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:07:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Meh, I sold all of my Yugo 59/66's as I never cared for the rifle itself. Kind of neat if you get the grenade/ tennis ball launcher. I prefer the Yugo model 59 instead.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 3:52:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Ordered two, one is great, the other is an absolute turd. Excellent unissued condition my ass.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top