Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2016 7:50:39 PM EDT
So I have a FEG hi power clone listed on a local site. Someone offered a rifle they say is a Finn M28. It looks like a Russian M91 to me. I haven't seen a receiver marking like it before though. I've mainly stuck to 1930's-1950's Mosin Nagants. I just completed my Russian carbines and this would give me something else to learn about. Here are the pics I was sent. He says all the numbers are matching.

Link Posted: 2/2/2016 8:00:00 PM EDT
[#1]
It is a Finned M91, not an M28.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 8:01:04 PM EDT
[#2]
The AZF means it was in Austrian hands at one time. They likely sold the rifle to the Finns and they built on it.

That's a M91 in the pic.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 8:12:31 PM EDT
[#3]
If they can have them pull it out of the stock and see if there's a date on the receiver tang.  Sometimes there is one there and it pre-dates the barrels.  I've got a 91/30 with an antique receiver on it.

Link Posted: 2/2/2016 8:15:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info. I haven't traded yet. He just sent those pics. I've been trying to read up on it and check out sold listings on gunbroker to know exactly what I'm getting into. Kinda looks like they're all over the place.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 8:20:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the info. I haven't traded yet. He just sent those pics. I've been trying to read up on it and check out sold listings on gunbroker to know exactly what I'm getting into. Kinda looks like they're all over the place.
View Quote

what do you value ur FEG at?
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 8:30:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I was really wanting to trade it for an Arisaka as I don't have any in my collection, but this kinda peaks my interest. It's in excellent shape, no scratches or wear on bluing. Was trying to get $350 trade out of it. From what I'm seeing thats what some of these M91's are going for.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 8:34:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I was really wanting to trade it for an Arisaka as I don't have any in my collection, but this kinda peaks my interest. It's in excellent shape, no scratches or wear on bluing. Was trying to get $350 trade out of it. From what I'm seeing thats what some of these M91's are going for.
View Quote

if bore and stock is good, it would be good trade. These go into $600 quite a lot
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 8:48:52 PM EDT
[#8]
It's a huge bonus that it's a Sestroryetsk Ordnance Factory rifle. They only made M91s and Dragoons from 1892 to 1918. I have one in my collection and it also has the Austrian property mark.

Link Posted: 2/2/2016 9:18:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks like we agreed on a trade. I'm supposed to be meeting up with him this weekend. I'll check the bore and some other things and if it checks out in person I'll post some pics. Thanks guys. I keep telling myself to stop getting Mosins but there has to be an exception now and then, right?
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 9:26:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I keep telling myself to stop getting Mosins but there has to be an exception now and then, right?
View Quote

Yeah stop buying run of the mill 91/30's....the legit and correct snipers, M91's, all Finnish rifles, M30/M44 (including variants from other countries), and 91/59's are exceptions to the rule
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 9:50:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yeah stop buying run of the mill 91/30's....the legit and correct snipers, M91's, all Finnish rifles, M30/M44 (including variants from other countries), and 91/59's are exceptions to the rule
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I keep telling myself to stop getting Mosins but there has to be an exception now and then, right?

Two 91/59's, a T53, M38, and a Polish M44 in amazing condition all within a month. If I want to count the Enfield No.4 and No1 Mk III in from the same guy I got some of the Mosins from, I'm in it about $750 I have never had this type of luck in shops or in general before. Time to buy a lottery ticket.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 10:01:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Looks like we agreed on a trade. I'm supposed to be meeting up with him this weekend. I'll check the bore and some other things and if it checks out in person I'll post some pics. Thanks guys. I keep telling myself to stop getting Mosins but there has to be an exception now and then, right?
View Quote

Don't be put off if it's counter-bored. Common practice by the Finns on M91s.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 3:44:10 PM EDT
[#13]
I picked it up. Had a little problem with the deal though. He didn't bring the bayonet for it. I told him that you sent me pics of the trade and the bayonet was pictured, so it should be included. I've met the guy before and know some people who deal with him. He said he'd bring it the next time he's in town or if I happen to be passing through his town to give him a heads up. He lives about an hour away. There is a little bit of pitting on the mag but the metal condition throughout seems to be pretty decent for a rifle made in 1904. I got some better pics of it and will be posting them. The bore is a little dirty but still shows strong rifling and I think I'll be able to clean it up a bit. I figure if worse comes to worse I'll just have a rifle and no bayonet that is roughly the value I was wanting to get out of my FEG, if not a bit more.

And for the hell of it a muzzle flash pic of my T53
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 3:54:35 PM EDT
[#14]
The bayonet look like typical refurb m91/30, so worth about $10
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 5:26:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

The bayonet look like typical refurb m91/30, so worth about $10
View Quote

Was just about to post that as well.  Unless it's numbers matching you're not really losing out on this at all. Good trade
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top