User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 9:37:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Oh, well.  I'll let you know if I actually receive it or not, I did get an e-mail confirmation.  I don't really need any more 54r but thought the price was too good to pass up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The correct term is "had" it not has it. That's old SKU and price from late 2014 early 2015

Oh, well.  I'll let you know if I actually receive it or not, I did get an e-mail confirmation.  I don't really need any more 54r but thought the price was too good to pass up.

Many people had this order on backorder from last year and were complaining that SPG will not ship the new stock/SKU surplus they got from different importer at different price as the $190 old SKU.

Guessing if you were able to checkout, it was a glitch in their system and they will cancel the order.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 1:16:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Many people had this order on backorder from last year and were complaining that SPG will not ship the new stock/SKU surplus they got from different importer at different price as the $190 old SKU.

Guessing if you were able to checkout, it was a glitch in their system and they will cancel the order.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The correct term is "had" it not has it. That's old SKU and price from late 2014 early 2015

If they do cancel, they usually send a sweet coupon, so it's not a total loss.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 9:04:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just got the shipping notice!
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 9:26:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Score! Somebody in the warehouse must to have screwed up and put inventory under that SKU instead of the current one: http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/880-rounds-762x54r-147-grain-fmj-ammo?a=1585760

SPG has always been shady by having "same" numeric SKUs with different letter pre-fixes that correspond to different prices. Looks like they hosed themselves this time. :)
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 12:03:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I used to play that game back in the day. I came out on top a few times. I am still shooting some of that $99 free shipping 1k .223 WOLF that I got years ago.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 11:24:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

so what did you end up receiving?
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 10:34:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A crate of 54r as expected.  Nothing unusual about it except there's no silver bar on the side of the crate so I'm not sure if the ammo is silver tip or not.  Haven't opened the crate.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 11:08:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

A crate of 54r as expected.  Nothing unusual about it except there's no silver bar on the side of the crate so I'm not sure if the ammo is silver tip or not.  Haven't opened the crate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

which factory and date?
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 2:54:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Factory 60 and 1985

" />
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 4:51:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have some from 1983 and it's not silver tip, your's being 85 it's most likely not silver tip either. Same ammo as before, just not painted silver on the tip.

Link Posted: 2/28/2016 8:57:00 PM EDT
[#11]
They phased out the silver paint on the tip of the bullet in the 1970's.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 2:56:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Here are some things to start thinking about with this hobby.

1) But the can and start shopping for more ammo. Also get into reloading and start stockpiling brass. Seriously pick brass up each time you go to the range.
When hildabeast gets elected or you feel the bern that's the only way your still going to be able to shoot.

2)I remember the days of the $30 spam cans and they were practically giving away Turkish 8M
M because all the gun snobs were turning up their noses at it. Flash forward 10 years and it's $200 a can.
Unfortunately I didn't stock up. Between paying for college, flight school, marriage, and loosing my job in the recession. I was left being able to afford a can of beans.
Moral of the story. Start stacking it deep and often. Ammo cans and spam cans are the best way. That spam can of 7.62x39 at cabelas might be common right now. But in another 10 years you might be at $2 a bullet.

3) the one constant in this hobby is it getting more expensive, banned, scarce, and obscure. And things you may think you will never run out of can be gone tomorrow. Plan for it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 5:09:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Back in stock at SG....$285/crate
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top