Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2015 9:09:59 PM EDT
Just picked up a S.A.C.M. 1935s for $199 in great shape. The gunshop had bought it as part of a large collection and knew nothing about it,not even the caliber. Abit of research and ive found very little for 7.65 Longue aka 32 French Long. GAD Custom and Buffalo Arms are the only sources ive found though they are on backorder. Ive come across some who said they've fired .32 acp through them but im a bit leary of that .Any help for keeping this fine looking and feeling gun from being a paperweight.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:35:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't help you but when I first saw that I thought it was a P210
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:28:06 AM EDT
[#2]
So did I, which was why it immediately caught my attention. From digging around online it seems that the design was licensed to Sig in 1937 and was the basis for the P210. This is the P210's daddy. A lot of diffrences . The slide rails on the inside vs outside jumps out at me right away but the overall look is very similar.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 5:24:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I picked up one under similar conditions. Ammo can be loaded but, it takes some work. Yours looks to have been refinished as they were painted over the park. Also, I have heard that the lanyard loop on the frame denotes that the pistol spend some time as police issue.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:11:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Just wait till you can get the ammo.  Buffalo Arms will have it eventually.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:13:46 PM EDT
[#5]
You can do it OP!

Please consider cross-posting your request to our very own Reloading sub-forum.  

If that does not work, try the C&R board for French guns.  I believe the round is similar to 30 Pedersen for the Pedersen conversion for 1903s.

Your pistol appears in fine condition; it would be a shame not to shoot it.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:26:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Buffalo arms co is the only source I have found for Ammo. They use 32 S&W long and modify the brass I bought 100 rds and plan to reload for it once I get my reloading gear set up. Their Ammo worked fine it's a nice shooting pistol.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:27:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I should also note it took almost a year to get the Ammo from them. I think they wait till they get enough orders then make it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 7:51:24 AM EDT
[#8]
A local LGS had one for $225.00 a couple weeks back. After trying to source ammo I passed.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 10:03:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 4:40:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Buffalo Arms is the place to get it.

A little known fact about Buffalo Arms is that they generally don't stock any of their more odd calibers. They'll all say "Out of Stock, Backorder Ok". This is because they make these calibers to order. Place your order. They'll then make some up for you and you'll get it in a few weeks.

I've ordered both 7.65 Longue and British .38/200 ammo from them and got the ammo I ordered about a month later.

If you handload, Bertram does make brass in this caliber, though it is not cheap

ETA: If you find surplus ammo in this caliber, be aware that 99% of it no longer functions, the primers have all gone dead.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top