Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2015 8:25:43 PM EDT
Classic Firearms and SOG recently received them. It seems like they came out of Slovenian government stocks, just like the Yugo SKS's which recently got imported into the country.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/makarov-bulgarian-9x18-semi-auto-excellent-like-new
http://www.southernohiogun.com/bulgarian-makarov-pistols-unissued-condition.html

I've been wanting a Makarov for a while but never got around to picking one up. I just placed an order for one today with Classic Firearms.

Anyone else here interested in these?
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 8:34:41 PM EDT
[#1]
If have gotten at least one if they were C&R.  For the money they bring I'd rather put that cash into something with a threaded barrel.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 5:05:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I have one Bulgarian and two Russian Makarovs, They are great little guns, just a little on the heavy side.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 6:59:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Hard to believe Bulgarian Maks were $85.00 in the mid-90s.

I bought eight back then and gave them away as Christmas gifts. I know two are still running strong.

I only have a E.German Makarov left now.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 8:25:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah not C&R eligible It's easy to forget this is the C&R forum and not milsup forum
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 9:41:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah not C&R eligible It's easy to forget this is the C&R forum and not milsup forum
View Quote

No worries, I think most of us view them with the same love.  I only mentioned that I'd buy one if it was C&R because of Maryland's retarded laws.  C&R handguns can be mailed to my door since I have a C&R license, non-C&R handguns must be transferred through an FFL01 and have state police paperwork done on them which costs $60 in total

I purchased a Polish P83 for $200 from SOG when they had a holiday sale a few years ago and it wound up costing me $300 after shipping and transfer fees.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 8:15:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I purchased a Polish P83 for $200 from SOG when they had a holiday sale a few years ago and it wound up costing me $300 after shipping and transfer fees.
View Quote

Yikes!
I got mine for $200 shipped from Wideners and xfer is $15 for me here.  $215 total for my CCW gun
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 12:22:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yikes!
I got mine for $200 shipped from Wideners and xfer is $15 for me here.  $215 total for my CCW gun
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yikes!

I will say the P83 they sent is in excellent condition.  I remember the $200 ones from J&G, the pic on the website showed one with lots of finish wear.  I'm very happy with SOG, I was just complaining about the extra costs that maryland's gun laws add.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 2:10:10 AM EDT
[#8]
My local FFL charges $15 for transfers with a CHL makes me feel lucky.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top