Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:39:10 PM EDT
[#1]
another gem
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:47:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Has anyone slugged the bores on the 7.62x53r rifles yet?
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 11:18:34 AM EDT
[#3]
These look pretty much like the ones my Dad and I got from them a few years ago.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 10:56:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Picked up my SOG handpick M39 today and am thrilled with the condition of it. It almost looks like an unissued rifle. This one is a 1942 B barrel rifle with a transitional splice stock that looks new and comes with a hang tag. The serial number is matched on the barrel and bolt handle. It's stamped SA, AV1, B, D, <serial number>, and 1942 on the top of the barrel. There are also some small stampings on the side of the barrel that says 36<VKT>00 stamp and AV1 stamp. Here's a quick picture of the rifle. I'll get more tomorrow when there's good lighting.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 12:00:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Picked up my SOG handpick M39 today and am thrilled with the condition of it. It almost looks like an unissued rifle. This one is a 1942 B barrel rifle with a transitional splice stock that looks new and comes with a hang tag. The serial number is matched on the barrel and bolt handle. It's stamped SA, AV1, B, D, <serial number>, and 1942 on the top of the barrel. There are also some small stampings on the side of the barrel that says 36<VKT>00 stamp and AV1 stamp. Here's a quick picture of the rifle. I'll get more tomorrow when there's good lighting.
http://i.imgur.com/P7uNyq2.jpg
View Quote

Looks great.  What's the tang date?
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 12:20:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Looks great.  What's the tang date?
View Quote

I didn't see a tang date. I think it got scrubbed.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 2:24:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 10/10/2015 3:03:01 PM EDT
[#8]
don't loose the hang tag!

Also just a fyi to folks who may not know. The B barreled m39s were post war assembled out of NOS m91 barrels. They are usually in unissued condition and are not common.. around 8,000 were made.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:26:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Added pics of the tang and hang tag.

Quoted:

Also just a fyi to folks who may not know. The B barreled m39s were post war assembled out of NOS m91 barrels. They are usually in unissued condition and are not common.. around 8,000 were made.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Don't worry, it's safe!

Quoted:
Sweet! Mine is very similar, also a B marked plum barrel (really more of a brown)

Sweet. On mine, the front handguard retainer cap, and the rear sight leaf are plum too.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top