Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2015 8:39:13 AM EDT
I found this odd-ball at my LGS. $125.00 later I took it home.

It boils down to a bolt-action with a Martini lever.....Weird.

The Ten-X was made by Barnett (the crossbow company) in the late 40s with around 250 made. This is the heavy barrel version. 14.9 pounds. Serial #127.

Very sweet trigger.

http://rifleman.org.uk/The_Barnett_Target%20Rifle.htm

It's in a really strange stock. I don't know if it's a custom stock or something Barnett made for a customer. I can't find a pic of the heavy barrel version to compare it to.

It looks to have had it's original sight at one time as the space for it on the stock was filled in.

The receiver has been milled to accept a Annie-type sight. I've ordered a BKL cantilever 11mm dovetail base for it so I can mount a scope.

Why the blue/green stock you may ask?

Well it was painted brown and when I removed the paint I found out why it was painted. There is no less than nine stock repairs. Most were sling stud holes that were filled-in with furniture plugs.

As it looked like wormed-over crap I said to heck with it, sealed it all in poly and painted it to suit me.....Well the Grand-kid to be precise.

What can I say, I like the strange and unusual.

Link Posted: 8/24/2015 9:19:44 AM EDT
[#1]
An odd and interesting find. Very cool.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 10:33:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
An odd and interesting find. Very cool.
View Quote

I couldn't have said it better.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 7:15:50 PM EDT
[#3]
You do come up with some different stuff, that's for sure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top