Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/14/2015 12:20:24 PM EDT
I've got a Greek 1903 Mannlicher Schoenauer and I'm looking to gear up for reloading for it. I sourced some brass but I'm having trouble finding neck sizing dies for it. The dies I can find are either no longer in production, FL sizing only or outrageously priced at almost $200. Does anyone know where I can pick some up? I may just be hitting the wrong stores.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 2:35:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Look up http://www.huntingtons.com/ , they stock lots of obsolete dies and brass. Also check your IM.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 7:12:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for that. Alternatively would I be ok using a generic .264 neck sizing die? My brass will only be used in one rifle. Hope Im not edging too close to the reloading forum.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:53:35 PM EDT
[#3]
www.ch4d.com

2 die set = $60.

I have a couple unusual calibers from them.  They make nice stuff, but you may have to wait.

Link Posted: 7/16/2015 9:21:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 7:52:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Dies located, thank you for the assistance
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 11:18:46 PM EDT
[#6]
You can use FL sizing dies to neck size very easily, no specialty dies
needed unless you load for both an automatic and a bolt gun in the same
caliber and want separate dies adjusted for each.

To neck size with a FL sizing die:

Put the case in the shell holder, raise the ram and screw the die down until it just makes contact with the case mouth

Lower the ram and screw the die in 1/2 turn and run the case into the die again, you will see a "ring" where
the die has made contact with and sized part of the case neck and left the rest unsized.

Continue to slowly screw the die down in small increments until the ring of unsized case neck is pushed down until it just before it makes contact with the shoulder.

At this point your die is not touching the case shoulder, and has sized only the neck of the case, lock the die ring in place and you're ready to go!

Note: you may have to adjust the decapping/sizing stem down a little to make up for the die being higher up in the press than set for by the factory, you'll know if this needs to be done if primers don't pop completely out of the case when neck sizing.

TL;DR Neck sizing has been done long before specialty dies were made. A special neck sizing die will quite easily and irreversibly ruin your brass if you adjust it wrong, instead of just full length sizing a case and putting you back at step one (fireforming the case to the chamber).

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 11:19:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Scan or google for them with cast boolits website.

I can swear I saw a post with a set for sale in their market place.  and or join and post a WTB ad.

ah, I'm day late and you're set.  Glad you got em.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top