Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2015 9:46:36 AM EDT
Might pick it up Friday.  Guy needs money to pay daughter's tuition.  I have C&R.  He does not.  Do I need to log it still?  I think I do.  It is in very good-exc condition.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:07:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes you need to log it.

Any C&R purchased after you get your license goes in your book.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:37:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, you need to log it.  You also would need to log in your book any sale of a C&R firearm even if you first acquired the firearm before you had your C&R license.  Basically, the ATF wants you to log what C&R guns you purchase and what C&R guns you sell while you possess a C&R license.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:33:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, you need to log it.  You also would need to log in your book any sale of a C&R firearm even if you first acquired the firearm before you had your C&R license.  Basically, the ATF wants you to log what C&R guns you purchase and what C&R guns you sell while you possess a C&R license.
View Quote

Yep, that's why I cancelled my C&R after three renewals.

You have to get the seller's info on a C&R FTF deal so you can book it just the same as if you bought it at a 01 shop or from another 03 holder. If you sell a C&R FTF you have to get the driver's lic # as well as the other info from the buyer so you can book it out.

Lots of folks balk on giving out their info anymore. I can't say I blame them. I lost a couple of good FTF buys in a month due to that so back the C&R went.

I don't miss my C&R a bit either. FTF for anything involves just asking if they are a prohibited person and then it's cash and carry.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:48:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
FTF for anything involves just asking if they are a prohibited person and then it's cash and carry.
View Quote

Not in Michigan
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:34:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Not in Michigan
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FTF for anything involves just asking if they are a prohibited person and then it's cash and carry.

Not in Michigan

Damn, I would not have expected that. Detroit related legislation?

I would not know what to do with myself at the flea market if we could not trick and trade among ourselves, not to mention no more yard sale guns.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:00:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I would not know what to do with myself at the flea market if we could not trick and trade among ourselves, not to mention no more yard sale guns.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not in Michigan

Did I mention I hate you?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:20:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not in Michigan

The issue is only because it is a pistol.

Michigan requires pistol registration, which is via the RI-60 registration form (per gun) and background check. You either need to stop by any police department in the state and pick one up after a quick background check, or have a valid Michigan Concealed Pistol License which waves the background check requirement, and allows you to print out your own RI-60 forms, just like an FFL does.

So basically you just need to bring some paperwork to shows/markets/yardsales if you intend to buy handguns. Long guns have no registration requirements or restrictions.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:57:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a CPL and a C&R but people are ignorant here in MI and the law is ridiculous.  Handgun registration is unnecessary IMHO.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:13:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You have to get the seller's info on a C&R FTF deal so you can book it just the same as if you bought it at a 01 shop or from another 03 holder. If you sell a C&R FTF you have to get the driver's lic # as well as the other info from the buyer so you can book it out.

Lots of folks balk on giving out their info anymore. I can't say I blame them. I lost a couple of good FTF buys in a month due to that so back the C&R went.

I don't miss my C&R a bit either. FTF for anything involves just asking if they are a prohibited person and then it's cash and carry.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A C&R does let you purchase from out of state sellers without using an FFL01, which is a nice benefit.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:27:14 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm picking it up this AM.  Pics later.  
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:40:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

A C&R does let you purchase from out of state sellers without using an FFL01, which is a nice benefit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I pretty much passed ordering C&Rs after my first renewal. If it's something I really have a Jones for the $22.00 01 FFL fee does not concern me in the least.

Most people are not "on the hunt" like I am so I was not going to chance missing out on a deal to folks balking due to 03 paperwork requirements.

A lot of "cruffers" I know got shed of their 03 after several renewals. It kinda-sorta defeats the purpose living in a free state to have to document everything you do with a C&R firearm.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:41:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not in Michigan

It's a racist law from back in 1927 to aimed to keep handguns out of black owners hands.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 6:37:11 PM EDT
[#13]
came with two mags and the ugly flap holster.  Has the crest on the slide top.  Excellent shape.  Guy threw in a 72 pack of ammo.  Ran a mag through it yesterday to check function.  100%.  Cleaned it up today and snapped a couple pics for you guys.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:51:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Nice score!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top