Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2015 12:40:10 PM EDT
I traded a guy for this one today. Matching but the mags but they are Tula. 1963 dated holster. No finish remaining. Chipped stocks. Good bore. No import mark.

The guy claimed it was a bring-back "from the war" but could not remember which one.

Of course there was no paperwork to back the claim up.

Link Posted: 4/15/2015 1:52:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like a nice one. Soviet TTs generally come "finish-free" from what I've seen.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 2:02:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like a nice one. Soviet TTs generally come "finish-free" from what I've seen.
View Quote

Here they do. In Canada they get to buy nice refurbed TT-33s.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 4:23:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice.  How many pawnshops that day before you picked it up?  
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 7:18:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I had one of those IMA Nepalese "untouched" copies of a P-1858 Enfield I bought years ago for $200.00 that I traded straight-up for it. I had fixed it up well enough to be a wall-hanger but that was about it.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 7:59:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I had one of those IMA Nepalese "untouched" copies of a P-1858 Enfield I bought years ago for $200.00 that I traded straight-up for it. I had fixed it up well enough to be a wall-hanger but that was about it.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

you quadrupled your money then.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 12:16:21 PM EDT
[#6]
That's really nice, OP.  I haven't seen too many Russian Toks.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 7:04:56 AM EDT
[#7]
OP needs to take me under his wing.  I am so envious of his got-damned collection...
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 8:54:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Regarding the question of "bring-back" status on the Soviet TT-33s:

It's not like there was ever a Barrel-Of-TT-33s at he general stores pre-1968 so would not any of the Soviet TT-33s available now in the US really be a "bring-back" despite the lack of paperwork to prove providence?

Other than the totally refurbed Soviet TT-33s that are currently available in Canada I know of no company that ever imported any TT-33s in the condition that most seen in the US are in. Most look more or less like my example.

The only ones I can possibly think of were the TT-33s that were captured and scrubbed by the Germans before being put back into service. Perhaps some of them made it to our shores pre-68.

Of course as always "papers" prove providence and add to the value/history of any mil-surp.

Link Posted: 4/17/2015 8:56:36 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm not aware of any significant import lots of actual Soviet TT-33s either, and I've never seen one with an import mark, so I think it's fair to say they're all "bring-backs" of some sort. However, they could be bring-backs from several different conflicts, with the most likely source being Vietnam, due to the rather rough conditions these pistols are invariably in.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 9:04:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm not aware of any significant import lots of actual Soviet TT-33s either, and I've never seen one with an import mark, so I think it's fair to say they're all "bring-backs" of some sort. However, they could be bring-backs from several different conflicts, with the most likely source being Vietnam, due to the rather rough conditions these pistols are invariably in.
View Quote

Before I posted I went through a lot of 50s-60s era surplus gun ads and never saw a TT-33.

It would be interesting if anyone could come-up with such a ad.

Sadly I'm old enough to remember when any SKS in the US was deemed to be a bring-back and 7.62X39 ammo was almost non-existent.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 3:20:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have one.  No import marking either
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 4:24:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah but they look like they are "been nowhere, none nothing" pistols.

Jokes aside were they scrubbed or lined-out then renumbered during their refurb like the Mosin rifles and Nagant revolver refurbs we got were? Do the mags match?

I've not been able to find out a whole lot about the TT-33 refurbs you guys get other than from the Canadian distributor sites. Pretty thin on info.

They should be matching on frame, top of slide, barrel, hammer group, and mags. Major small parts (trigger, slide release, etc.) should be marked with the manufacturer's stamp like the Tula star.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 6:58:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Im going with -  German shoots Russian, takes Russian Pistol. American shoots German, takes Russian pistol.

Or Vietnam bringback.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:06:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Im going with -  German shoots Russian, takes Russian Pistol. American shoots German, takes Russian pistol.

Or Vietnam bringback.
View Quote

Or Korea.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:14:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Jokes aside were they scrubbed or lined-out then renumbered during their refurb like the Mosin rifles and Nagant revolver refurbs we got were? Do the mags match?

I've not been able to find out a whole lot about the TT-33 refurbs you guys get other than from the Canadian distributor sites. Pretty thin on info.

They should be matching on frame, top of slide, barrel, hammer group, and mags. Major small parts (trigger, slide release, etc.) should be marked with the manufacturer's stamp like the Tula star.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing is scrubbed or lined out.  But the magazine was not numbered.  Here's my Soviet TT33

Polish TT33

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 7:16:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Nothing is scrubbed or lined out.  But the magazine was not numbered.  Here's my Soviet TT33

<a href="http://s641.photobucket.com/user/Fluffy9lives/media/IMG_0867.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu138/Fluffy9lives/IMG_0867.jpg</a>

Polish TT33

<a href="http://s641.photobucket.com/user/Fluffy9lives/media/IMG_0914.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu138/Fluffy9lives/IMG_0914.jpg</a>

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s641.photobucket.com/user/Fluffy9lives/media/IMG_0867.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu138/Fluffy9lives/IMG_0867.jpg</a>

Polish TT33

<a href="http://s641.photobucket.com/user/Fluffy9lives/media/IMG_0914.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu138/Fluffy9lives/IMG_0914.jpg</a>

Shiny!

I see the barrel has been EPed with the serial. My serial is on the barrel near the link pin and is stamped like the frame/slide/hammer group. I see yours looks like a post-WWII example looking at the slide serrations, what's the date and manufacturer?

Nice looking Polish TT....I'm jelly.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:31:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Here is a '39 Tula I found with a Walther Model 4 at a shop about a year ago. I think I gave $700 for the pair.

And here is a '40 Tula that I picked up a few years ago. This one looks like its been around the block a time or two.

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 10:03:55 PM EDT
[#18]
I've got one just like Jeffreysoxs, same year and missing finish but has the same odd bluing on the front half of the slide like 1srellucs.

Fluffy, how is brave comrade Bimba ,dog of bull frostbite foot?
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 10:34:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I've got one just like Jeffreysoxs, same year and missing finish but has the same odd bluing on the front half of the slide like 1srellucs.

Fluffy, how is brave comrade Bimba ,dog of bull frostbite foot?
View Quote

Comrade dog on bed sleeping. Lazy bitch
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top