Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2015 3:44:03 PM EDT
Price just went up $40 to $279 for 1944 Russian Carbine.

This would be my first. Should I fo or try and wait and hope for a price drop?
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:05:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I think they've been at ~200 for quite a few months now.

If you're set on getting a Mosin carbine, you can get Chinese TYPE 53s for a good price, i'd recommend checking them out in person though

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:23:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you're set on getting a Mosin carbine, you can get Chinese TYPE 53s for a good price, i'd recommend checking them out in person though

View Quote

Looking for a Russian, online seems to be priced around $230, but every single source at that price or less appears to be dried up. Any leads?
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:30:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Where you seeing this, OP?  I might put a few in the EE if that's what they're bringing.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:41:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Where you seeing this, OP?  I might put a few in the EE if that's what they're bringing.
View Quote

PM sent
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 6:10:43 PM EDT
[#5]
There's one in the EE for less than that.  

EDIT:  Nevermind, plus shipping on the ad.  Same price.  

Anyways, in regards to if you should FO?  I don't know.  The surplus market on these will dry up eventually, don't imagine things get cheaper as stock runs out.  $275 still isn't all that bad considering the Chinese Type 53s were beat to shit and selling for ~$125 shipped and up when available just a few months back.  The M44's have been hovering just north of $200 for quite a while now with the exception of Widener's having some at $170ish.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 7:03:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok, I give up.  What the hell does FO stand for?  I've seen it on ARF dozens of times and just don't get except that it means to buy something.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 7:35:04 PM EDT
[#7]
fo=go
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 7:49:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
fo=go
View Quote

^this,and to go into the unknown prepared to accept the concequences while not giving a fuck. Or at least say you don't,and quiver a little on the inside. Just don't tell anyone.

OP I Fent on am M44 and optioned for hand picked,bright bore and paid over 300 to get it plus transfer. No regrets.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 7:51:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Ah, got it
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 8:01:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

^this,and to go into the unknown prepared to accept the concequences while not giving a fuck. Or at least say you don't,and quiver a little on the inside. Just don't tell anyone.

OP I Fent on am M44 and optioned for hand picked,bright bore and paid over 300 to get it plus transfer. No regrets.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
fo=go

are there any questions that should get asked?
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 8:08:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Price just went up $40 to $279 for 1944 Russian Carbine.

This would be my first. Should I fo or try and wait and hope for a price drop?
View Quote

About the only thing that is going to produce a price drop is the discovery and importation of a huge stash of them. That's possible but probably not very likely. The history of of the C&R firearms market suggests that prices generally go up, not down. A few years from now you may be telling stories about when you could still buy a M44 for $280.

Personally, I wasn't interested in Mosin carbines when you could buy them for $99. I'm still not. But I did buy a fair number of C&R firearms when they were much cheaper than they are today. What I've seen is that prices go up, supply dwindles and condition of available guns generally doesn't get any better.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 6:53:09 PM EDT
[#12]
I would wait to black Friday since mosen nagants go on special usually.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:38:08 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I would wait to black Friday since mosen nagants go on special usually.
View Quote

Black Friday ? In November ?
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:14:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Where are you seeing Chinese T-53s?  All the usual dealers seem to be out of stock at the moment.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:21:48 PM EDT
[#15]
I fo'd on one from AIM, paid for 5 of the "hand pick of 5" deal. Hopefully get one of the best ones left.

jk

what's the best source of ammo? and is this going to be a bitch for and initial cleaning?
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 4:20:29 PM EDT
[#16]
I have found Sportsman's Guide to be the cheapest source for ammo.  Make sure you have a free shipping code.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 4:32:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I have found Sportsman's Guide to be the cheapest source for ammo.  Make sure you have a free shipping code.
View Quote

they let that apply on ammo shipments?

my God
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 5:39:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

my God
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

my God

You bet your communist rifles, they do!
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 6:26:57 PM EDT
[#19]
A guy came into my LGS yesterday with a Hungarian M44 and a 91/59 to make sure they were safe to shoot. He said he paid $115.00 each for them the other day.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:30:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
A guy came into my LGS yesterday with a Hungarian M44 and a 91/59 to make sure they were safe to shoot. He said he paid $115.00 each for them the other day.
View Quote

I did want a Russian and if the condition is as good as advertised...
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 11:37:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Some guys have all the luck.  That is way below market on those, especially the 91/59
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top