Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2015 10:09:46 AM EDT
I started this thread in the FN section but I figured I would get a little more help here. EDIT: I have found that it is an M1950, not sure of where it went after Belgium because there are no markings but we can assume it was Moroccan.

I picked up a Belgian model 98 chambered in 308 cal. All serial numbers matching, 18" barrel, built by FN Herstal. I am trying to find information on these specific models, but have come up dry so far. The only thing I am finding close is the Israeli, Colombian and Spanish models which are all different than this one. I was told it was a Belgian brush gun from the Congo most likely made between 1950-1960. Any additional info will help. Bore isclean with plenty of rifling and it chambers and ejects 308 brass very well.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 12:52:42 PM EDT
[#1]
A picture of the crest on the receiver ring would be helpful.  Any markings on the bottom metal?  Serial numbers on bolt parts/barrel bands, etc.?  I'm a few thousand miles from my reference books at current or I'd check.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 12:58:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A picture of the crest on the receiver ring would be helpful.  Any markings on the bottom metal?  Serial numbers on bolt parts/barrel bands, etc.?  I'm a few thousand miles from my reference books at current or I'd check.
View Quote

There is nothing on the receiver ring, or the bottom metal, same serial number on alll bolt parts, none on the barrel bands.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:26:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I sent photos to a guru.

Its a M1950. Here is another.

https://www.libertytreecollectors.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=3261
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:16:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Here is the history

http://www.peashooter85.com/post/34942927602/the-moroccan-mauser-the-fn-model-1950-moroccan
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top