Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2015 8:35:48 PM EDT
Picked this fella up in a trade today. I had a HRA Garand that was a blue sky import and figured I'd put an ad up on a local classifieds site to try and trade it for a carbine. If I didn't have other Garands I would have kept it. This one is an inland. I just got to checking it out. Barrel is marked inland division - general motors 3-44. Stock appears to be stamped SSAA and P in a square. Has the flip up sight and a push button safety. I don't know a whole lot about carbines and what is correct for the date of manufacture but I'm pretty excited. It came with 2 30rd mags marked SEY and AYP and a 15rd marked CB so thats a bonus. Can't wait to take it out to the range.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:43:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Offhand looks good except you need a new front sight.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:55:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Good call. I can't believe I missed that.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:31:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Hopefully that's all Bubba did to it.  Is the rear sight real or repro?  It's probably real but I don't know what the indicators are.  Staking maybe.  Also, is the front band a Type II or a cut down Type III?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:07:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Rear sight is marked WSI and the band is a cut down type III.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top