Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Tacked C&R deals IN STOCK NOW! (Page 8 of 13)
Page / 13
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 7:52:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Are the M59s or M59/66 with grenade launcher more collectible?  I'm feeling like the universe wants me to get a Yugo SKS.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 9:14:28 AM EDT
[#2]
^no, it doesn't.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 6:49:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TheDevilYouLove:
Are the M59s or M59/66 with grenade launcher more collectible?  I'm feeling like the universe wants me to get a Yugo SKS.
View Quote

M59 would likely be more collectible. Just be careful for "homemade" M59's; for a while Wideners was offering "M59's" that were really M59/A1's with the grenade launcher cut off or with replacement barrels.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 8:38:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By trueg50:

M59 would likely be more collectible. Just be careful for "homemade" M59's; for a while Wideners was offering "M59's" that were really M59/A1's with the grenade launcher cut off or with replacement barrels.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Dan's got me with his M59's...  Aren't homemade judging from the pics.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 9:36:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Mavs1306:
I've said numerous times I'd love to read an article or see a documentary on a c&r gun hunter overseas.
View Quote

This is an excellent biography of Samuel Cummings, founder of Interarms, that you might be interested in.

http://www.amazon.com/Deadly-Business-Cummings-Interarms-Trade/dp/0393017664

There are movies about him too, but I've never seen them.  The book is well worth your time.  Don't let the title be a turn off, it's very matter of fact and doesn't get sensational.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:30:04 AM EDT
[#6]
the M59s on Dans site are gone, anyone know of any other venders selling some?
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 8:40:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Got my B grade 303 surplus ammo from CTD today. Looks way better than expected. If I shot 303 more, I would stock up. 480 rnds at 96 plus shipping makes 303 easier to shoot again. I have die and bullets but no desire to reload a round that isnt going to get me submoa ;)

Spot checked a few boxes of 20 or so rnds. Found 1 piece in one box that I may tumble a bit before shooting.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 8:41:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By lvcipriani:

This is an excellent biography of Samuel Cummings, founder of Interarms, that you might be interested in.

There are movies about him too, but I've never seen them.  The book is well worth your time.  Don't let the title be a turn off, it's very matter of fact and doesn't get sensational.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lvcipriani:
Originally Posted By Mavs1306:
I've said numerous times I'd love to read an article or see a documentary on a c&r gun hunter overseas.

I got my copy and started reading.  Pretty good so far.  I was amazed to learn that his interest in firearms was first piqued when he found a German MG08 machine gun that someone abandon at a VFW when he was just a kid.  A stranger carried it home for him.  My how times have changed...
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 5:06:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Classic just got some M39s from a "private collection".  I thought Pat Burns had the market on these cornered, but I guess not (assuming they did not buy them from her).

https://www.classicfirearms.com/finnish-m39-mosin-nagant-rifle-762x54r

I snagged a pretty nice M39 from Mrs. Burns two years ago, it's pretty nice.  I paid her more for it than Classic is selling these for, though.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 5:35:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Classic just got some M39s from a "private collection".  I thought Pat Burns had the market on these cornered, but I guess not (assuming they did not buy them from her).

I snagged a pretty nice M39 from Mrs. Burns two years ago, it's pretty nice.  I paid her more for it than Classic is selling these for, though.
View Quote

Very interesting that Pat Burns site shows no Finns for sale...

https://www.gunsnammo.com/
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 9:35:47 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

It's Pat Burn's old inventory....except with poor description and worse price.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 7:53:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By pgaplayerless:

View All Quotes

Did she sell them the bottom of the barrel or something?  A lot of Pat's prices were getting up there, but she was selling high quality stuff with great pics and descriptions.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 8:08:47 AM EDT
[#13]

Did she sell them the bottom of the barrel or something?  A lot of Pat's prices were getting up there, but she was selling high quality stuff with great pics and descriptions.
View All Quotes

Looking at the general condition and the fact only VTK and Sako is available, I'd say she sold the common and non cherry M39 she didn't feel like moving one by one and go thru the effort she did with each one.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 8:49:50 AM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes

Watch the video on the product page. Early on, dude refers to it as their "first shipment," and then they lay all the containers out in the yard. Based on the number of rifles in each container, and the number of containers they show (without counting), I'd guess this shipment has north of 1,000 M39s in it.

With that many rifles, I could imagine a few reasons to sell out. Maybe they had enough of it. Maybe the cost of storage was getting to be too much. Or maybe BATFE showed up and did something BATFE-like. Either way, I'm guessing Classic sells these much faster than Mrs. Burns could have.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 9:05:04 AM EDT
[#15]
I've got my order for a hand select sako placed. I'll get pics up when it arrives. Seems like a good price with a c&r, compared to gun broker.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 9:52:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheDevilYouLove] [#16]
Could very well be that the BATFE did something BATFE-like.  That's a lot of rifles to be selling without an FFL.  I wonder what Classic's avg price per rifle is?
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 11:06:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Could very well be that the BATFE did something BATFE-like.  That's a lot of rifles to be selling without an FFL.  I wonder what Classic's avg price per rifle is?
View Quote

Not a whole lot ATF can do, it's liquidating a "collection" and transfer is completed legally. I don't think Pat is buying up anything so she is not "engaged in business".

In the video you can clearly see each box has been pre sorted and marked with "VKT" "sako" "no antique" etc so don't expect to get anything special beyond maybe one with less wear. Most show pretty decent bluing wear
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 11:24:10 AM EDT
[#18]

Not a whole lot ATF can do, it's liquidating a "collection" and transfer is completed legally. I don't think Pat is buying up anything so she is not "engaged in business".

In the video you can clearly see each box has been pre sorted and marked with "VKT" "sako" "no antique" etc so don't expect to get anything special beyond maybe one with less wear. Most show pretty decent bluing wear
View All Quotes

It's the ATF...

Link Posted: 9/11/2015 12:03:01 PM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

Not hoping for anything special. Just seems to be the right price point for adding my first m39 to the safe. I always like new variants being re-introduced into the market on a broad scale for those of us that joined the c&r game late and aren't familiar with the smaller back channels.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 12:36:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By CRCguns:

Not hoping for anything special. Just seems to be the right price point for adding my first m39 to the safe. I always like new variants being re-introduced into the market on a broad scale for those of us that joined the c&r game late and aren't familiar with the smaller back channels.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CRCguns:

I also ordered a Sako.

I've been aware of the Burns collection for a couple years, but I had no idea they had that many. There are two reasons I never got around to ordering one. They require an FFL, and my FFL only sends copies to other FFLs, and their old fashioned web page didn't give me a lot of confidence.

The other side of the coin is what I've seen locally. In all my time going to gun shows and looking at listings, the only Finn I've seen for sale locally was an example fitted with a scope mount at a gun show in 2013.

I can't change what I didn't buy in the past. But knowing what I've seen, I'm happy knowing I've got a Sako M39 with my name on it on the way for less than $400.

Link Posted: 9/11/2015 3:13:19 PM EDT
[#21]
If you guys want to get nice one just wait for Mosin Crate to list theirs. They cherry pick all of Classic's milsurps for their inventory.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 3:18:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: governmentman] [#22]
badly tempted, might do it.

They are out of hand pick Sako

Hand pick VKT or standard Sako? Which would you do?

(would these be import marked?)
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 4:02:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scorpius] [#23]
I picked up one of each hand select. These were further down on my short list of wants so I'm not well versed in them  other then the basics. Cut down 9130 fin army supposedly very good shooters
Maybe I'll get lucky and get a really nice example but from those that I've spoken to They have  never seen a crappy example either.
In the end as time goes by what might be more common today.  but they could very well be much rarer in the future to as things happen like bubba.
I'll just be happy to have a nice piece of history and something that'll be fun to shoot. I reload so even better
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 10:19:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Scorpius:
I picked up one of each hand select. These were further down on my short list of wants so I'm not well versed in them  other then the basics. Cut down 9130 fin army supposedly very good shooters
Maybe I'll get lucky and get a really nice example but from those that I've spoken to They have  never seen a crappy example either.
In the end as time goes by what might be more comment that they could very well be much rarer  in the future.
I'll just be happy to have a nice piece of history and something that'll be fun to shoot. I reload so even better
View Quote

Me too.. you guys suck for posting this. I swore I would never buy from them. Although, before I ordered, I called and talked to an older guy who seemed really nice. Maybe the evil gal who hates me finally got fired. Or maybe I will end up with two pieces of 2x4's with sewer pipes nailed to them... never know with classic.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 4:42:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Anybody know of Any kar98ks coming to market or are those days long past?

Got the itch for one
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 10:37:34 AM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

Yep.  The M59s are more collectible.  The M59 was produced from 1964-1967, and approximately 40,000 total were produced. The M59/66 was produced from 1967-1969, and approximately 75,000 were produced. The M59/66A1 was produced from 1969-1989, and approximately 650,000 were produced.

And that's good advice on the converted M59/66s.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 10:37:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Well the .303 grade B at CTD is no more. I officially bought their last 2 boxes.
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 11:20:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Well the .303 grade B at CTD is no more. I officially bought their last 2 boxes.
View Quote

I shot some of mine saturday. Unfortunately, I was getting a lot of stuck cases. I am not 100% sure it was the ammo. However, I ran 2 boxes of ammo through my tumbler yesterday to try soon. It came out very clean. Recommend doing that before you shoot.

Link Posted: 9/16/2015 11:22:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By governmentman:
badly tempted, might do it.

They are out of hand pick Sako

Hand pick VKT or standard Sako? Which would you do?

(would these be import marked?)
View Quote

I ordered one of each hand pick.. separate orders. The hand pick VKT shipped right away. I called to find out if perhaps they ran out of Sako's since mine never shipped. She said not to worry.. It's likely they are just busy in shipping. I asked if perhaps they ran out. They said, "I shouldn't say anything but we just got another order of them today...."

Thus, I expect there will be more available soon. Hopefully, AFTER they ship mine.

Link Posted: 9/18/2015 5:42:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Aim has some protocol 59/66 SKS Yugoslav rifles.  Unissued ceremonial rifles.  Very cool.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 5:51:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Surfgun:
Aim has some protocol 59/66 SKS Yugoslav rifles.  Unissued ceremonial rifles.  Very cool.
View Quote

One must really have money burning a hole in their pocket to pay that price. The value is simply not there. For that kind of coin you can have nice VZ-52/57 much rare and collectible gun.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 6:10:40 PM EDT
[#32]

One must really have money burning a hole in their pocket to pay that price. The value is simply not there. For that kind of coin you can have nice VZ-52/57 much rare and collectible gun.
View All Quotes

Came post about these/ask if it was a good price.  You guys are fast!  Thanks for info, I just saved $695!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 6:27:00 PM EDT
[#33]

Came post about these/ask if it was a good price.  You guys are fast!  Thanks for info, I just saved $695!!
View All Quotes

You thought this was fast?

Go hit the Amazon thread in Team and try to beat everyone else on cheap RMR's and ACOG's
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 9:02:35 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

Different strokes for different folks.  Part of the gun hobby/collecting.  One guy may like the VZ 52/57 that tells a story, and another may value that brand new and unissued parade rifle that we may never see again.  Just because the value isn't there for you, doesn't mean the market won't dictate otherwise.  Look at those Finns Classic just sold.  I'd say the value isn't justified for the majority of the rifles I've seen by a long shot, yet some guys are choosing to keep them...cracked stocks and all.

Value not being there on these fancy 59/66s?  I found this from a different forum's due diligence.  He scoured the net, and this is all he could find of these rifles.  450,00 EUR

At least it suggests they aren't going to be getting any cheaper even with future imports...

Euro parade rifles available
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 9:27:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Jagrmaister:

Different strokes for different folks.  Part of the gun hobby/collecting.  One guy may like the VZ 52/57 that tells a story, and another may value that brand new and unissued parade rifle that we may never see again.  Just because the value isn't there for you, doesn't mean the market won't dictate otherwise.  Look at those Finns Classic just sold.  I'd say the value isn't justified for the majority of the rifles I've seen by a long shot, yet some guys are choosing to keep them...cracked stocks and all.

Value not being there on these fancy 59/66s?  I found this from a different forum's due diligence.  He scoured the net, and this is all he could find of these rifles.  450,00 EUR

At least it suggests they aren't going to be getting any cheaper even with future imports...

View All Quotes

Parade guns are niche at best thought supply is limited but so is demand.

I wouldn't rely on euro listings. Guns  in Europe are expensive by legislation as most countries are horribly restrictive.  Kind of like how transferable  NFAs are 800% more than post samples.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 9:31:11 PM EDT
[#36]

I wouldn't rely on euro listings. Guns  in Europe are expensive by legislation as most countries are horribly restrictive.  Kind of like how transferable  NFAs are 800% more than post samples.
View All Quotes

True.  Just saying "collecting" isn't as clear cut as "Black & White".
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 10:01:04 PM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

I don't know. $695 is a bit of coin.. But those pics look awesome. Some people (not I) might pay that. I am guessing they will sell. I am tempted but I agree there are other things I would rather buy (and I am in the middle of a huge workshop remodel).

That said, my Classic Arms hand pick Fin came yesterday. It looks fantastic. I would rate it "Very Good". Few scuffs and little wearing. Hex receiver, 1941.  I have second one coming Tuesday. One of each make. I hope the second is as nice.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 7:18:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 8:02:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By oldschool63:
M48A
View Quote

They look nice but that price seems high to me
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 8:29:02 AM EDT
[#40]
M48A
View Quote

Saw them too. I'm in the mood for another 7.92x57 slinger, but I want an autoloader. Debating whether I want a Hakim or an Egyptian FN-49.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 1:34:32 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes
M48A

That's what my initial thoughts were too
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 2:23:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By GSL:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GSL:
M48A

I got a pristine M48A last year from SOG during their holiday sale for $200 plus HP fee and ship.  These rifles are double that.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 4:04:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Speaking of SOG they have GI M1 Carbine mags for 7 or 8 bucks a piece. I ordered some a month or so ago and all of mine still had some of the original wrapper around them, with very little rust or no rust that cleaned right off. I've been looking at their M48s with the crest but just can't pull the trigger.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 8:08:46 PM EDT
[#44]
SOG has M39s, says they just arrived from Finland aresenals...

Link

Link Posted: 9/25/2015 8:18:40 PM EDT
[#45]

Link

View Quote

IN!    I'll take a chance, but stop posting these deals, will ya?  I'm on a C&R kick again.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 8:45:56 PM EDT
[#46]

IN!    I'll take a chance, but stop posting these deals, will ya?  I'm on a C&R kick again.
View All Quotes

Link

Good luck!  I've never been let down by SOG so hopefully you'll get a great one.  I'm curious if these actually "just" came from Finland as the description says.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 9:38:50 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

Link

Fudge!!! My gun safe is so full that I have to keep half of my guns in a locked closet... And yes, this is after I bought a new safe last spring..
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 9:49:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jagrmaister] [#48]
Originally Posted By djryan13:

Fudge!!! My gun safe is so full that I have to keep half of my guns in a locked closet... And yes, this is after I bought a new safe last spring..
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By djryan13:

Link

That mean you ordered one to add to the closet?  Looks like they only started with 20 rifles.  Hope they see my hand select first.

Edit: They have more than just 20. Their system resets at 0 to add another 20.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 8:30:35 AM EDT
[#49]
I would order an m39 from SOG but I just committed to a Polish M44 in the EE.  SOG has never let me down, they take hand pick seriously.  I can't wait to see pics of these!
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 10:33:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bsmith918] [#50]
I ordered one also.  I already have a couple with 95% + original finish and nice stocks, but I like playing the game and the price isn't horrible.  I really had my eyes set on a couple from themosincrate, but his sold as soon as he opened the phone lines.
Page / 13
Tacked C&R deals IN STOCK NOW! (Page 8 of 13)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top