Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2015 4:56:32 PM EDT
When I got my C&R, I made the copies, sent them out to businesses I was going to buy from, and then never did.

In between then and now I haven't used my C&R. Renewel is coming up and with a baby on the way I don't see myself getting much stuff.

So Im thinking of not renewing but will it look suspicious for me to send in an unused log book? Do I even need to send anything in?

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 5:25:07 PM EDT
[#1]
No reason to make shit up if you never bought anything.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 5:49:01 PM EDT
[#2]
If you're not renewing your C&R, you don't have to send your in logbook.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 5:53:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Pretty sure you don't need to send in your log book even if you ARE renewing it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:20:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pretty sure you don't need to send in your log book even if you ARE renewing it.
View Quote

I have never had to send mine in.  They ask how many C&R guns you have purchased on the renewal form but that is all they really care about IIRC.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:08:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
No reason to make shit up if you never bought anything.
View Quote

Never talked about making anything up? was just wondering if that'd throw up flags with the ATF.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:07:30 PM EDT
[#6]
You do not ever send in your book. If you do not renew you simply throw it in the trash
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:36:04 PM EDT
[#7]
FFL01's have to send in their books when they close down.

C&R FFLs (FFL03's) do not have to send them their log books
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:22:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

C&R FFLs (FFL07's) do not have to send them their log books
View Quote

I think C&R's are 03's, not 07's and I agree that logs do not need to be turned in by collectors.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:11:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If you're not renewing your C&R, you don't have to send your in logbook.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:26:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

THIS

Just answer the questions about acquisitions and dispositions truthfully.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:51:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

THIS

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS

Is that even necessary if you're not renewing?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:01:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I think C&R's are 03's, not 07's and I agree that logs do not need to be turned in by collectors.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

C&R FFLs (FFL07's) do not have to send them their log books

You are right..I'm a tard.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:50:44 PM EDT
[#13]
When I canceled my 03 and sent it in I waited a couple weeks and just tossed my book in the wood stove.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:58:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Also if your license lapses for any amount of time,  you can start a new bound book.  Older book's disposition is your choice.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 2:25:35 PM EDT
[#15]
It almost makes you wonder why you have to keep one in the first place, doesn't it?
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 3:15:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It almost makes you wonder why you have to keep one in the first place, doesn't it?
View Quote

Same reason as not fudging the numbers on taxes - the odds of getting caught are slim, but if you do, the consequences are enormous.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 5:56:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Sorry guys I didn't read the fine print on Renewel saying C&R don't have to turn in logs.

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 11:56:35 AM EDT
[#18]
From ATF

Q: Are licensed collectors required to turn in their acquisition/disposition records to ATF if their collector’s license is not renewed or they discontinue their collecting activity?

No. The GCA requires the delivery of required records to the Government within 30 days after a firearm “business” is discontinued. A license as a collector of curios or relics does not authorize any business with respect to firearms. This is in contrast to firearm importers, manufacturers, and dealers who are licensed to engage in a firearms business. Therefore, the records required to be kept by licensed collectors under the law and regulations are not business records and are not required to be turned in to ATF when collectors’ licenses are not renewed or collecting activity under such licenses is discontinued.

[18 U.S.C. 923(g)(4), 18 U.S.C 27 CFR18 U.S.C 478.127]

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/curios-relics.html#brady-law

CD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top