Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2015 11:35:31 AM EDT
-anything?  

I would hope that the bigger players in the import game would have gone & maybe give us some info on guns they are trying to bring over (I hear there is still a lot out there.  Not as much as there once was.  But still a lot).

Also, there is always a meeting with batfe at shot.  Any news of interest to our community?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:02:36 PM EDT
[#1]
what guns do you have in mind?  The gov needs to approve C&R status
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 2:47:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I think Asia still has a lot to offer; not just Ariskas, but all sorts of other guns.  While not C&R, I remember the Malaysian 5.56mm ammo that came in during the 90s.

And from Europe, what about the former communist countries?  They probably have warehouses full of crazy stuff.  What about Latin America and mausuers?  

Just not convinced we have beaten every bush & wonder if anything was shown at SHOT?
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 5:11:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Can guns be imported from Vietnam?  I'd imagine there is a shit ton of good C&R stuff there.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:54:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Can guns be imported from Vietnam?  I'd imagine there is a shit ton of good C&R stuff there.
View Quote

French pistols...

Yum.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:02:37 AM EDT
[#5]
You're right, I am sure there are no Mosin Nagants, Mausers, TT33s, SKSs, Garands, 1903s, M1 Carbines, etc there that are C&R.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 5:25:24 PM EDT
[#6]
To be honest, other than maybe SKSs, I doubt there's anything in numbers worth importing. And while Vietnam is developing faster than many other states, they may be keeping any SKSs they have in reserve in case the region goes to hell quickly. I have finger fucked some rather cool stuff in museums over there the few times I've been.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:59:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:03:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I spent some time visiting Chile, and their ceremonial guards had cool old Mausers - I'd imagine they have quite a few extras.  So I'd imagine most countries in Latin America still have at least the ceremonial guns that they will someday sell off.

Guy's gotta have a dream after all.  

So no word out of SHOT?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:20:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Only for 2 of the 3 qualifications for C&R.  If it's >50 years old it's a C&R, regardless of any other qualities.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 3:28:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I didn't attend anything with the ATF while I was there, but I didn't catch any mention of C&R stuff.  Century was there, but primarily pimping their AKs, G3/CETME builds, etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top