Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2014 7:41:03 PM EDT
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=457345525

Picked this one very cheaply. After I won the seller even tossed in free shipping which made the deal only sweeter (guessing because he paid next to nothing for it). Bubba got hold of the stock but everything else is good. Nothing new refurb stock can't resolve.

Some known collectors bid against me but apparently did not know what it is, nor recognized combination of receiver features only found on 46-48 M44s (Low shelf side, machined right rear, unstepped rear tang, notched stripped clip guide).

Only two in existence so far have been documented as far as I know. First one, with same trails, from many years ago: http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?65194-1949-dated-Izzy-91-30-Non-sniper
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:49:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the cross-post Spax, I knew you wouldn't let me down
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:20:43 PM EDT
[#2]
lol

anytime pga
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:22:34 AM EDT
[#3]
where can I get a recoil pad like that ?
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 11:55:19 AM EDT
[#4]
lol....I'll just leave this here...

Can't wait to see AFTER it gets all fixed up...
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:34:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
lol....I'll just leave this here...

Can't wait to see AFTER it gets all fixed up...
View Quote

Well looks like all it needs is another post-war refurb replacement toe-spliced stock that bubba messed up. Luckily those ones are dime a dozen. Since the stock is as original to the gun as Obama's birth certificate, there is no reason not to stick unmessed with refurb stock of the same type. Refurb is a refurb.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:50:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice find! I wouldn't mind picking up one of the 1955 Romanian M44's.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:16:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice one, I do think it is a real 1949 91/30. The receiver, like you said, is most certainly a post 1945 production for the M44 carbines. I would like to see what the barrel looks like under the wood by the front sight and where it meets the receiver, and close ups of hos the front sight was attached. Not sure why it would've been built that late, but we have seen 1950 examples with the huge Izhevsk stamp.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 4:58:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Well finally was able to link up with my FFL buddy since the seller would not recognized my FFL

But.....JACKPOT!

Guess this does make it the only second confirmed 1949 M91/30 in existence. Bore is like new, no counter bore.

Link Posted: 12/30/2014 5:05:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Great find !!
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 8:11:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice score OP!
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 11:07:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks like the naysayers on gun boards poopoo'd a rare rifle out of ignorance. Excellent score, that's a very rare rifle ( rare is an appropriate term here).
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 11:40:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Only non counterbored Mosin I have ever seen was the Finn I had. Looks awesome man.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 11:51:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like the naysayers on gun boards poopoo'd a rare rifle out of ignorance. Excellent score, that's a very rare rifle ( rare is an appropriate term here).
View Quote

Well you have to take gunboards comments with grain of salt. It's not surprising that the avid naysaying came from people that Vic lovingly refers to as "children"  It's unfortunate that Vic had to trash 1949 mosin thread over all the unrelated bickering in it. I did email him the pictures directly out of courtesy since so little is known about these.

I do kind of feel bad for Cpt. Nagant.  While I did find the auction right when it listed, I didn't think much of it (didn't notice the 1949 date) because it was Bubba'ed and just hit the back button. Only once he made a thread on it on GunBoards did I go back and gave it a second look and realized what it actually is.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top