Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2014 6:21:52 PM EDT
What's the going rate on the m95 carbines these days?
8x56
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:10:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I've seen everything from $120 all the way up to about $225 depending on maker, condition, amount of matching numbers, etc.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:21:02 PM EDT
[#2]
All matching 3 digit with the barrel arsenal shimmed
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:15:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Gee, like last christmas I bought 3 for $89 each from SOG. They were in nice condition. I think there is one locally for $150 and I saw one at Cabellas for $200 and it has been there for months.
Bayonets are worth almost as much as the rifle. (I scored bayonets on ebay for all 3 of mine)
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:38:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Bought my Steyr for $100 last year from a LGS's gunbroker auction, then spent a few months trying to get ammo for it at reasonable prices

Definitely worth having in one around, they're pretty handy little rifles for the amount of punch 8x56r has.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:42:40 AM EDT
[#5]
$100-$250 for the M95 carbines.  Original Stutzens are worth more than cut down rifles. Carbines with Czech markings or the Bulgarian lion crest are worth more than the usual carbine, as are carbines with Honvedseg or Landwehr markings.  And full length M95 rifles are worth $250+.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 8:09:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
$100-$250 for the M95 carbines.  Original Stutzens are worth more than cut down rifles. Carbines with Czech markings or the Bulgarian lion crest are worth more than the usual carbine, as are carbines with Honvedseg or Landwehr markings.  And full length M95 rifles are worth $250+.
View Quote

And there are some Yugo conversions out there that have been converted to 8mm Mauser.  Recoil is stout to say the least.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:58:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

And there are some Yugo conversions out there that have been converted to 8mm Mauser.  Recoil is stout to say the least.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, and those go for significantly more than the usual M95 carbine.  However, those will be marked as "M95M", not M95.  

M95Ms typically run ~$300-$500, provided all the parts are intact.  Some of the unique parts (like the extractor and internal clip) are tough to find and expensive when you do, so those being missing/broken can seriously hurt the value of a M95M.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:23:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Are those yours?  If so I am envious.  Would love to have a Bulgarian 95M, that must be a rare bird.  I rescued a Steyr 95M that bubba decided that it would look better coated in black house paint.  Stock, barrel, receiver... everything but the bolt.  Applied so liberally that you could see the brush strokes.  Maybe he was going for a tactical look?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:13:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Are those yours?  If so I am envious.
View Quote

Unfortunately, no.  Just a photo I found online to illustrate my post.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:05:57 PM EDT
[#10]
See if you can't track down a full-length infantry rifle. They're much more pleasant to shoot than the carbines.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:03:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
See if you can't track down a full-length infantry rifle. They're much more pleasant to shoot than the carbines.

<a href="http://s747.photobucket.com/user/MVolkJ1975/media/Milsurps/M95Rifle.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx116/MVolkJ1975/Milsurps/M95Rifle.jpg</a>
View Quote

Found one a while back for $150. Got friction burns pulling out my wallet until I saw the holes drilled through the barrel under the hand guard
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top