Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/23/2014 9:51:55 PM EDT
Hard to imagine the Mosin supply drying up, but its bound to happen sooner or later?  Maybe not the 54R ammo however, since its still in use by eastern countries.  So at least the ammo supply should be there, provided it isnt hit with an import ban.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:02:15 PM EDT
[#1]
No.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:16:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No.
View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:35:33 PM EDT
[#3]
The price was so cheap because all those guns that were locked up in commie arsenals during the cold war flooded in.  You won't see those numbers coming onto the market again. If someone did come across a big stash of rifles, IMHO they would sell them in small batches over a few years to keep the price up.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:47:29 PM EDT
[#4]
No we will never see $100 mosins again, or well at least not until after 2016 if we got a non communist in office.

They would have to loosen import restrictions on Russia, and China.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:07:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I got one from Aim for $99 this summer.  It was one of the grade B ones though and it is a bit rusty.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:08:55 AM EDT
[#6]
It's very doubtful. One thing I have learned over the years is never say never in the surplus market. I don't see them coming in such large amounts if they do. I'd sure like to pick up a few more but as they rise in price I've started to look for more rare dates and variants.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:39:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No.
View Quote

this
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:41:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The price was so cheap because all those guns that were locked up in commie arsenals during the cold war flooded in.  You won't see those numbers coming onto the market again. If someone did come across a big stash of rifles, IMHO they would sell them in small batches over a few years to keep the price up.
View Quote

We have hit Peak-Mosin
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:04:09 AM EDT
[#9]
I been hearing the "no sayers" for years. Especially after the Mosin panic buying of 2012. Then last year Molot M91/30 were down to as low as $89 again.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:12:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Pretty soon a clean Mosin's price on the secondary market will be moving upward like a nice 98k.  Only so many out there, they gotta run out sooner or later.  Glad I stocked up while they were still cheap.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:32:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I been hearing the "no sayers" for years. Especially after the Mosin panic buying of 2012. Then last year Molot M91/30 were down to as low as $89 again.
View Quote

And in 2011 they were $69.  Exporters are not sitting on the stock they once had (granted there still is a metric shit ton to be imported), and exporters are not stupid about the market.  Regardless of the quantities still sitting in the east, why would they export at a price that the end buyer can pay sub $100?  The only reason that they would do that is if there were not enough customers willing to pay over $100.  Capitalism at work.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:46:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

And in 2011 they were $69.  Exporters are not sitting on the stock they once had (granted there still is a metric shit ton to be imported), and exporters are not stupid about the market.  Regardless of the quantities still sitting in the east, why would they export at a price that the end buyer can pay sub $100?  The only reason that they would do that is if there were not enough customers willing to pay over $100.  Capitalism at work.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can't say I recall $69 in 2011.  

Don't forget about the dollar velocity. Most importers and wholesalers make their profits on volumes not large piece price margins. So importers down try to sit on stuff really.

With the Russians economy crumbling under the Ukraine mess, I would bet you will see the Ruskies cutting the prices to importers to get cash infusions as fast as they can. Granted it won't be Molot that's now banned from importing.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:15:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Don't forget about the dollar velocity. Most importers and wholesalers make their profits on volumes not large piece price margins. So importers down try to sit on stuff really.

With the Russians economy crumbling under the Ukraine mess, I would bet you will see the Ruskies cutting the prices to importers to get cash infusions as fast as they can. Granted it won't be Molot that's now banned from importing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, AIM had them for $69 for a round, $79 for a hex.  Same year for a Black Friday deal AIM had M44s for $220 but a coupon code that if you bought a M44 and a 91/30 the M44 was $150, or the way I liked to think of it; buy a M44, get a free 91/30
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:31:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yep, AIM had them for $69 for a round, $79 for a hex.  Same year for a Black Friday deal AIM had M44s for $220 but a coupon code that if you bought a M44 and a 91/30 the M44 was $150, or the way I liked to think of it; buy a M44, get a free 91/30

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have good memory! I dug thru my email and did find the $220 combo and 79 mosin! Also crates for 5.45x39 for $250!
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:59:19 AM EDT
[#15]
southernohiogun has $79 T53's and $115 91/30's at the moment.  Shipping is $16 from what I have heard from those who ordered.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 8:57:18 PM EDT
[#16]
I bought my first one at $59 . I wish I had bought more
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:25:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Still seeing them here for $80
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top