Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/10/2014 11:27:17 PM EDT
Looks like AIM is taking preorders.  At $189 though I dont think I would want one, but somebody might

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F3Nagant&name=Russian+M1895+7.62x38R+Nagant+Revolver&search=nagant
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 11:30:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know much about those, so what I'm wondering is, how much is ammo? And is it hard to find?
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 11:44:32 PM EDT
[#2]
ammo is pretty easy to find thanks to Prvi Partizan. about $20 for 50rds or so.

If they are imported by PW arms and marked the way they usually are by them - pass.

Link Posted: 11/11/2014 12:24:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought one from SOG when they were $100, then picked up an Ivshevsk with a small import mark from a local auction house for $150 a month or two ago.  I felt like I paid to much at first, but since I had the Tula and wanted the Ishy I did it anyway.  Now I dont feel so bad, but its unreal to me these things have basically doubled in a years time.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 7:24:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I want one, but am holding out for one with a small import mark.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 7:44:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Never understood the import mark complaint.. Especially out of the east. Those C&Rs have so little collectible value to begin with. $150 mosin or $200 revolver??? Do you really thinks its going to be a great long term investment? Unless it really bothers you visually.. These things have already lost their original finish. Who cares about a stamp. They are just fun toys. If you are like most of us gun hoarders, you'll never sell it and even take it out of safe very rarely.

I just wish I got one 2 yrs ago for $100... I ordered as soon as I got my in stock notice.

RE: Ammo: As stated, PRVI is relatively cheap but buying surplus in quantity is far cheaper. You cant easily reload surplus but from what I have been reading, you can't cheaply reload PRVI either. To reload those, die sets are expensive. Someone please correct me but the Lee die set won't reload factory 7.62 Nagant brass only some other case. So, it would take a huge amount of shooting to make it worth reloading.

I say this cause I bought a couple boxes of PRVI before I knew about reloading issues. Should have gone with surplus. Check Graf's and Wideners for surplus.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 1:49:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Never understood the import mark complaint.. Especially out of the east. Those C&Rs have so little collectible value to begin with. $150 mosin or $200 revolver??? Do you really thinks its going to be a great long term investment? .
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never understood the import mark complaint.. Especially out of the east. Those C&Rs have so little collectible value to begin with. $150 mosin or $200 revolver??? Do you really thinks its going to be a great long term investment? .

Paid 100 for mine.. less than a year ago. Already doubled in value sitting the safe. Wonder where it will be 5 years from now. I remember a time m44s and 91/30s were $47-59 respectfully. Money in the bank.. never underestimate the value of firearms backed with history. Much of what you said about 91/30s / nagant revolvers were said 20-25 years ago with G43s, and 98ks. Now look where they are. Also if you use the tired argument that they made millions.. well they made millions of 98ks as well.

As for import mark.. who wants this:

compared to :

Link Posted: 11/12/2014 2:00:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Those C&Rs have so little collectible value to begin with. $150 mosin or $200 revolver??? Do you really thinks its going to be a great long term investment? Unless it really bothers you visually.. These things have already lost their original finish. Who cares about a stamp. They are just fun toys. If you are like most of us gun hoarders, you'll never sell it and even take it out of safe very rarely.

I just wish I got one 2 yrs ago for $100... I ordered as soon as I got my in stock notice.
View Quote

I disagree. They started out on the milsurp market at $50. Now they're being offered at $189. That's the reality of
the milsurp market. The market decides what has value and what does not. When first offered there was NO AMMO
at all for these revolvers. Earlier this year I bought 150 rds of original Russian military ammo from Selway Armory in
Montana and a couple boxes of Fiocchi. Mine is one of the early imports with a NGO serial number prefix....non-governmental orgainization?

At $50 it was a no brainer. In fact it was a requirement for being a cruffler that you had to buy one of these. $50 come on!! That was a saturday night
at the movies with popcorn and coke. And it came with the holster and screwdriver, cleaning rod and lanyard. $50!! Truthfully, I probably wouldn't
spring for one at $189. I'm the original crufflercarp.

That's the import mark above and to the left of the trigger.. One of the nice small marks from Century Arms in Vermont.

Link Posted: 11/12/2014 8:29:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Never understood the import mark complaint.. Especially out of the east. Those C&Rs have so little collectible value to begin with. $150 mosin or $200 revolver??? Do you really thinks its going to be a great long term investment? Unless it really bothers you visually.. These things have already lost their original finish. Who cares about a stamp. They are just fun toys. If you are like most of us gun hoarders, you'll never sell it and even take it out of safe very rarely.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All things being equal I will pick the mil-surp with a small under barrel mark every-single-time.

In my eyes the billboard imports markings are just fugly as all get out and I don't care to include them in my collection.

I will tack-on a small premium if selling a mil-surp with a small import mark too. It's a valid selling point.

I don't mind paying a bit more for the small import mark either.

I will usually reject a mil-surp with a billboard out-of-hand unless it's dirt cheap. Even then it will just become trade fodder.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 9:01:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Just doesnt bother me on such a cheap piece. I would never have paid as much I did on my Colt  WWII 1911 if it was marked like that but those are two different animals. I plan on shooting the nagant revolver a couple times. Wrapping it in silicone sock and putting in safe. Comparing to price on GB, I am glad I waited for Aim to get them in stock.
RE: Mosin value increase... Going from $50 to a few hundred is nothing. I dont think we will see them hit the high numbers other C&Rs have hit. Also, I just dont think C&R collection matters to younger shooters. Us older guys love the history. Younger people just dont seem to care. Markets will flood with all these old guns as your kids sell off their inherited guns to buy the latest Iphone..

FWIW, a friend and I have a pact, if one of us dies, the other has to help the wife figure out what the collection is worth. ;)
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 10:11:21 AM EDT
[#10]
I went ahead and preorder one as well I knew I should had bought when they were 99.00 but there was always something else going on. Anyway I order some ammo privi ammo for it. Any one know how to reload for this odd round? I've found some different info about trimming the brass back and reloading it like a standard round. I have also seen info where some shooter just shoot 32 s&w long?
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 11:50:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I went ahead and preorder one as well I knew I should had bought when they were 99.00 but there was always something else going on. Anyway I order some ammo privi ammo for it. Any one know how to reload for this odd round? I've found some different info about trimming the brass back and reloading it like a standard round. I have also seen info where some shooter just shoot 32 s&w long?
View Quote

Seems the lee set only reloads the 32 brass. The more expensive die sets reload the factory nagant brass. However, it doesnt last long due to neck issues with resizing. I did the math, it would take a huge number of reloads to recoup reload cost. Brass would wear out first and hard to find brass. Surplus cant be beat.

Post in reloading forum though. Perhaps someone has better/cheaper/easier options.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 12:27:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Also, I just dont think C&R collection matters to younger shooters. Us older guys love the history. Younger people just dont seem to care.

View Quote

most of the folks i know who are enthusiastic about collecting/ preserving/shooting history are in their mid 20s to early 30s (myself included). I can name 10-15 names off right now if asked.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 12:47:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

most of the folks i know who are enthusiastic about collecting/ preserving/shooting history are in their mid 20s to early 30s (myself included). I can name 10-15 names off right now if asked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Also, I just dont think C&R collection matters to younger shooters. Us older guys love the history. Younger people just dont seem to care.

I agree with Spax, if young people didn't care why would I buy these?
Im 31

Link Posted: 11/12/2014 1:48:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Another 30 year old C&R guy here, had mine since I was 26 I think.  We're out there just not to many.  Can't wait to see some reports on these.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 1:52:50 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm 29 and just got my C&R in october.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 1:53:38 PM EDT
[#16]
aye, i personally am 29. Been collecting for about a decade now.

Fired my first gun - at 18 (my brother m91/30 $49 aim surplus special) and ever since ive been hooked.

Whether it be milsurp

Classic S&W P/ P&Rs..

An AK/Ar

A some ol ' SAs

or just a good old lever gun

I love them all for different reasons.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 1:54:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Nice collections.

HDH.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 8:03:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Heck, I got my Nagant from AIM when they were like $80!

I'd be in for another IF they could manage to have the import mark be less ginormous.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 2:10:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Heck, I got my Nagant from AIM when they were like $80!

I'd be in for another IF they could manage to have the import mark be less ginormous.
View Quote

Same
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 12:46:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 12:52:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
import mark is under the barrel, they used a old pic
View Quote

very nice. thanks for letting us know.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 7:09:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool... crisis averted...
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 8:09:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Oh, nice!
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 8:40:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pic?
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 9:16:11 AM EDT
[#25]
30 year old collector here. First gun I ever bought was an Israeli Mauser. I had guns before that but the Israeli was the first with my own money... when I was 18. C&R are the bulk of my collection. I have my modern stuff but I will always love older guns.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 9:28:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Got my C&R at age 24, I'm 25 now. If only I could afford more things, but you know...Life comes with big boy bills. My C&R collection is also much larger than my modern gun collection.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 11:18:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good deal. Mine will be here today.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 11:48:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Dammit. There goes more money.

Link Posted: 11/14/2014 11:51:33 AM EDT
[#29]
i would be tempted but + tax + 2day shipping for a marginal better import marked nagant revolver than what i own i have to pass. Now if it was guaranteed to be pre 1929.. i would be pulling the trigger right now. (pardon the pun)
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 11:53:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How? They're still on pre-orders.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 12:26:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine is waiting at UPS to pick up... They must have had a small batch that shipped right away. Didn't say pre-order when I ordered.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 1:32:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 1:34:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Just picked mine up... confirmed mark is below barrel and as shallow and small as legally allowed. I can barely see it. Couldnt get a good pic. Will try tonight after I clean it.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 1:35:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 1:35:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 1:38:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

the first 50 shipped Monday
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It now says sold out. I wonder if my order made it.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 2:03:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

if it went to the ordering screen / checkout it went through.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 2:29:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So I Indiana Jonesed it?

Awesome.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 2:42:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

So I Indiana Jonesed it?

Awesome.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So I Indiana Jonesed it?

Awesome.

also you should have gotten an order confirmation via email from aim if it went through
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 4:36:24 PM EDT
[#40]
The new batch is up now.

AIM
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 4:26:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 3:07:59 PM EDT
[#42]
I ordered one now that I know where the import mark is.  Stupid question, where do you think these are imported from?  I'm not super current on stuff but I do believe we aren't importing any guns or ammo from Russia, unless that's changed?
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 3:10:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Don't know where they are coming from, but the Russia restrictions would not have affected imports already in the pipeline.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 4:45:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Don't know where they are coming from, but the Russia restrictions would not have affected imports already in the pipeline.
View Quote

Agreed... Also, Nobama was very specific about what companies he wanted restrictions on. These are probably not coming from the same makers as Vepr and Saiga.. Else, they are being routed around through another company.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 9:26:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Took mine shooting today. I was happy enough with accuracy with the PPU ammo. PITA to load/eject. Not something I will be taking out much. Just a novelty.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 10:42:54 PM EDT
[#46]
I've got a few M-1895's  

I reload 32-20 brass topped with a 100 grain WC bullet. Use the Lee 7.62 Nagant 3-die set.  Works like a charm
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 5:07:11 PM EDT
[#47]
mine shipped yesterday.  I'm hoping to get the dark grips, what kind of grips did you guys get on the ones that have them?  Hows the overall condition, are they covered in cosmoline?
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 5:08:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Bakelite is post war replacement - wood is original/like original.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 5:24:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Got mine today

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 5:26:01 PM EDT
[#50]
very nice
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top