User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 6:31:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
haaaa AIM just dropped the price of these to $129.99 shipped and calling them shooter grade outright
View Quote

did you read the description?

Russian Model 1944 Mosin Nagant 7.62x54R Carbines...these are the few of what is left from a previous shipment. Perfect to clean up and use as a good shooter. Expect some to have rust/pitting somewhere on the metal. Each includes a FREE liberal coating of preservative cosmoline grease. We have found the barrels to be nice of the ones we have cleaned, however, not guaranteed. These Rifles are priced accordingly. No returns and only a few to sell so don't miss out!!!

No returns

So basically they are sacrificing $30 not to deal with returns. I don't blame em.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 6:35:59 PM EDT
[#2]
$40.  Must be getting lot of returns.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 6:39:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Russian Model 1944 Mosin Nagant 7.62x54R Carbines...these are the few of what is left from a previous shipment. Perfect to clean up and use as a good shooter. Expect some to have rust/pitting somewhere on the metal. Each includes a FREE liberal coating of preservative cosmoline grease. We have found the barrels to be nice of the ones we have cleaned, however, not guaranteed. These Rifles are priced accordingly. No returns and only a few to sell so don't miss out!!!

No returns

So basically they are sacrificing $30 not to deal with returns. I don't blame em.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
haaaa AIM just dropped the price of these to $129.99 shipped and calling them shooter grade outright

No returns

Me either.. ;) These must be the ones they mentioned in email to me this morning.. "we still have another 300 of these in the building to grade out... the $169.95 were the best of the shipment."

I would have paid $130 for mine with the description listed now and been very happy.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 8:16:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I grabbed one for $130 in spite of this thread.  I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I have a Type-53 that came in through Albania too.  I really like it.  The wood is nasty but the metal is pretty nice.  The trigger feels great and it groups the best of my carbines.

My M-44 is a typical Russian refurb.  Which is fine, but it's a little boring.  Hopefully this new one has some more character while still being a solid gun.  Based on other Mosin prices I feel pretty safe spending $130.

They also just sold a batch with bad stocks for $99.

-J
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 9:25:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I grabbed one for $130 in spite of this thread.  I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I have a Type-53 that came in through Albania too.  I really like it.  The wood is nasty but the metal is pretty nice.  The trigger feels great and it groups the best of my carbines.

My M-44 is a typical Russian refurb.  Which is fine, but it's a little boring.  Hopefully this new one has some more character while still being a solid gun.  Based on other Mosin prices I feel pretty safe spending $130.

They also just sold a batch with bad stocks for $99.

-J
View Quote

I don't necessarily think you made a bad choice. You are making a gamble, yes. But you know it going in. The description is clear and not misleading. You get a rifle for $130. No promises or implication of collectibility. As you said, could be a great shooter.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:34:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I got three. We'll see how it turns out.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 11:38:39 AM EDT
[#7]
I got one last week, I like it, even shot it this weekend..

I will try to post up better pictures..

Here it is with my other WWII Rifles.

Top -

1943 Winchester M1 Garand (80% Correct) (With 1943 Bayonet)

1943 NPM M1 Carbine (90% Correct)

1943 Remington Rand 1911A1 (with 1943 holster)

1942 bcd Mauser K98 (RC)

1944 Izhevsk M44

1943 Izhevsk MN 91/30 (DDR?)

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top