Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2014 12:20:33 PM EDT
I've started researching about trusts, mainly to set stuff back for the grand-kids, and to try & make liberals' heads explode when they see my cans or other NFA items.
But I don't see anything yet about C&R items in trusts. What does one do with those?  I really don't want to go engraving on any nice Garands I aquire- or anything
else along those lines anyway.  Or am I  jumping the gun- is it NFA stuff has to be engraved, or ALL trust items?   SO easy to confuse myself anymore.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:10:08 PM EDT
[#1]
More specifically, Form 1 NFA good (i.e. items you make) must be engraved. I am unaware of any other engraving requirements, but I am sure if there are someone will be along shortly to ridicule me and provide you with another answer.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:12:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Only nfa stuff has to be engraved, and only by the manufacturer of said item. So only the items you form one like a sbr or homemade can will have your trust info on them.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:22:30 PM EDT
[#3]
now I think I understand, an SBR is also in my plans.
maybe that is where I was getting confused- but then a commercially made
suppressor would still have to trust information on it, correct?
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:37:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:  now I think I understand, an SBR is also in my plans.
maybe that is where I was getting confused- but then a commercially made
suppressor would still have to trust information on it, correct?
View Quote

No.  The manufacturer engraves it w/ their info.  If you buy a commercial can, it's already engraved by the manufacturer.  If you make a can, you engrave it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 2:10:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok, so if I want to assemble a SBR from commercial parts, all that I have engra any non for?m 1 itemsved is the lower.
items already in my inventory, any non form 1 items just need to be documented?

I knew I was way over thinking this engraving business.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 2:18:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:  Ok, so if I want to assemble a SBR from commercial parts, all that I have engra any non for?m 1 itemsved is the lower.
items already in my inventory, any non form 1 items just need to be documented?

I knew I was way over thinking this engraving business.
View Quote

Say again?
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 3:17:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow, don't know what went haywire there.
So if I was to assemble an SBR, with a purchased suppressor, the only engraving I would
have to get done would be on the lower?
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 3:51:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:  Wow, don't know what went haywire there.
So if I was to assemble an SBR, with a purchased suppressor, the only engraving I would
have to get done would be on the lower?
View Quote

Correct.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top