Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2014 3:18:06 AM EDT
any of you guys have any experience with this setup?

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/ad/1249080.htm

Repro scope and mount. Just wondering what the quality might be.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:56:07 PM EDT
[#1]
The scope mount screws into two pads that get soldered onto the reciever. I geuss they are screwed and soldered but it is a real pain (from what I have read). Milsurps.com has an Enfield expert that has done a number of write-ups on all things Enfield. Go there and read up on mounting the pads and scope mount and decide for yourself if you are willing to do the work needed to install them correctly. If not, there are a few other ways to mount a scope on a No4/5. The one I had was a S&K which mounts via clampping down on the charger bridge and a screw through where the pin for the rear sight pin would go. Goes on or off in a few minutes and leaves the rifle perfect.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:02:04 PM EDT
[#2]
The hard part is collimating t6he scope to the barrel, ie fitting the pads to the receiver.  It not just a drill and tap procedure.  Second is the repro scope, not a very good scope, does not hold zero and does not return to zero.  I traded mine off for a M1 Carbine.

The SK bolt on mount works great and you can use a Weaver K2.5 and have the same look as the No4 T.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top