Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 7:41:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm thinking this stuff is not MK7z. I just pulled a bullet and it just lead core ball ammo with no aluminum tip. Anyone else have an opinion?

Link Posted: 11/7/2014 11:05:06 PM EDT
[#2]

My two cases on stripper clips came in today.  I'm a happy camper.

I unpacked it and found that I can get 540 rounds in a .50 caliber ammo can.

Link Posted: 11/8/2014 12:31:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

<a href="http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/351wsl/media/303_zpsae47b285.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w405/351wsl/303_zpsae47b285.jpg</a>

View Quote

The box of 450 was heavy enough without adding the weight of 90rds, strippers and a steel box.
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 9:04:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I got 2 cases of the bandoleers and had 100 missing rounds and a bunch of rusted rounds (all HXP 76).  CTD made it right and are sending me a new case to fix the missing and corroded rounds.  The question now is whether my next purchase should be a case of the clipped or non-clipped?  Which is the better deal?  Also does anyone have a good source for US made ammo cans by the case?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 12:51:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm thinking this stuff is not MK7z. I just pulled a bullet and it just lead core ball ammo with no aluminum tip. Anyone else have an opinion?

View Quote

You cut the bullet in half?
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 3:59:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I got 2 cases of the bandoleers and had 100 missing rounds and a bunch of rusted rounds (all HXP 76).  CTD made it right and are sending me a new case to fix the missing and corroded rounds.  The question now is whether my next purchase should be a case of the clipped or non-clipped?  Which is the better deal?  Also does anyone have a good source for US made ammo cans by the case?  Thanks.
View Quote
Non Clipped = $189.19/480 rounds = $.394 per round

Clipped = $177.39/450 rounds = $.394 per round; plus you get 90 stripper clips

Easy decision for me.
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 4:01:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The box of 450 was heavy enough without adding the weight of 90rds, strippers and a steel box.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

<a href="http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/351wsl/media/303_zpsae47b285.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w405/351wsl/303_zpsae47b285.jpg</a>

Yeah, it's heavy.  Having a handle helps with carrying, though.

I put another 315 in a .30 caliber can.  That left me with just one box of 45 rounds left over.  They're on the shelf with my other .303.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 8:48:24 AM EDT
[#8]
I put another 315 in a .30 caliber can.
View Quote

I found that I could fit 305 rounds on stripper clips in a .30 can. My two cases from CTD fit nicely in 3 ammo cans. (Each can is fairly heavy.)
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 12:41:10 PM EDT
[#9]
CTD .30-06 on En Bloc Clips and .303 British on Strippers in ammo cans

Samco Surplus 7mm Corrosive 1000 rounds for $250 delivered. Produced several years, manufacturers and styles...
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 2:33:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 11/11/2014 3:33:37 PM EDT
[#11]

You have some fine looking rifles.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 3:56:36 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Bottom one is the newest.  1927 Ishapore, all matching, no arsenal overhaul, with cutoff, and no Ishy screw.

I think it may be on the rarer side.

Link Posted: 11/11/2014 10:56:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Just saw the listing last night and ordered some.  Checked back today and looks like clipped is gone.

Edit: got one of each, both looked amazingly nice!
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 4:45:50 AM EDT
[#14]
I just received my two cases, and everything looks good.

The chargers are in great shape, as is the ammo. Most of the chargers are marked "B.P." (British Pens?) and "Mk4". About 25% of the chargers are totally unmarked. It does not appear that the chargers are Greek-made.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 8:06:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
  Bottom one is the newest.  1927 Ishapore, all matching, no arsenal overhaul, with cutoff, and no Ishy screw.

View Quote

Oh, heck yes. I seriously need to add a nice early Ishapore to my collection.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 3:56:12 AM EDT
[#16]
The wife will not be happy.

Thanks Arf.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 5:58:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Just saw the listing last night and ordered some.  Checked back today and looks like clipped is gone.
View Quote

I ordered some clipped before.  I saw it was sold out, so I ordered two cases of loose.  They must been getting towards the end of it.  BTW if anyone wants to know Shipping was cheaper on the loose packed case even though it had more rounds in it.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 6:03:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Just got a case of .303 on bandos only 24 left.
View Quote

I understand that this is sold out, but how do you tell by looking at CTD's website how many cases they have left in stock?
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 7:07:52 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I understand that this is sold out, but how do you tell by looking at CTD's website how many cases they have left in stock?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Try to add a large number of an item to the cart- like 999, and it will show how many are left when the system updates the cart.  

Link Posted: 11/13/2014 11:40:12 PM EDT
[#20]
That didn't work for me.  Instead I got a cart that costs $189,000 for which no shipping options are available.  

Link Posted: 11/13/2014 11:55:28 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Try to add a large number of an item to the cart- like 999, and it will show how many are left when the system updates the cart.    

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like he said add 999 to the cart and if theres less it will drop to the actually number. I have been monitoring the number of the .303/30-06 since it came in I watched the clipped go from 900+ to sold out and large numbers of 30-06 and every time i check the loose .303 it stayed at 999 meaning they have alot left and arent worrying about overselling.

Link Posted: 11/14/2014 2:54:41 PM EDT
[#22]
I just ordered two 480 round cases of the Greek stuff from CTD. I'm looking forward to trying it in my new to me Mk4 No. 1 I picked up last week.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 6:55:08 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Jungle Carbine, bolt matches receiver, NO import mark.  Someone used my credit card and put it in my trunk at the gun store today.  

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 8:46:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Jungle Carbine, bolt matches receiver, NO import mark.  Someone used my credit card and put it in my trunk at the gun store today.  

http://imageshack.us/a/img540/3773/JbW6Hq.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://imageshack.us/a/img540/3773/JbW6Hq.jpg

Nice group!
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top