Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2014 1:55:33 AM EDT
Hey y'all. I recently picked up an FR-8 and was wondering what are the appropriate stripper clips for it, or if there even is such a beast? It still has the guide so I'd assume they were designed to use stripper clips, and mauser 8mm clips work decently, but occasionally the clip wants to go down in the magwell with the rounds.

If someone could steer me in the right direction I'd be much obliged, thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 3:11:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I've used 8 mm Mauser strippers with varing degrees of success.
I have some old Turk Mauser brass clips that work great, I also have german steel ones that work like crap...
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:29:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I have some Mauser stripper clips that are unfinished steel and work perfectly in the FR-8.  The Turkish ones I have didn't seem to fit properly and neither did the NATO ones, which IIRC are based off the Mauser ones.  Not sure what the origin is for my Mauser clips that work; someone on a forum I used to go on (I think it was the AWB Sunset forum) gave them to me when I was asking this question, as he had an FR-8.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top