Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2014 10:53:59 AM EDT
I read the archive threads on this, but I'm still somewhat confused.  On the renewal form their is red section that you're supposed to fill out if not renewing.  It has an address for the ATF Out of Business section, but in small print it says that C&R holders don't need to send records.  Does that mean I should just sign and date and send the form in by itself or should I just do nothing and let it expire.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 4:26:27 PM EDT
[#1]
do nothing
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 2:29:07 PM EDT
[#2]
File all your records away somewhere and forget about it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 3:27:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
File all your records away somewhere and forget about it.
View Quote

Actually once your C&R expires you are no longer required to maintain your bound book and you can destroy it if you like.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 7:01:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I did the same...

The good ole day's of C&R collecting have passed up by...
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:13:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I did the same...

View Quote

No more Midway dealer pricing as well.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 4:21:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I may be on year 2 of my last C&R also.  Not much out there anymore.

Snowman357
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 4:30:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I did the same...

View Quote

Depends how you look at it and what you're into.
The cheap milsurps are mostly a thing of the past, but the 50 year date rolls.
A lot of guns were made prior to 1965.
In 2036, every transferable machine gun will be C&R eligible.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 4:35:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I have less than a year left on mine and I'm planning on letting it lapse. Maybe sometime in the future I'll do it again.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 5:45:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I may be on year 2 of my last C&R also.  Not much out there anymore.

Snowman357
View Quote

There's still tons out there on gun auction sites...  just not a whole lot of new imports.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 6:57:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Every time I buy a C&R gun, I wish that I had a C&R license, especially when I have it transferred. I would be at a profit at 2 transfers per term. At this time, however, I decided not to go the C&R license route simply because I   don't want to risk guns being left out where I live if a shipper did not use signature required or if the delivery guy decided to do a "favor." For similar reasons, I also want to maintain a fairly low profile where I am right now. At some point in the future, I definitely intend to get one. Even though the really cheap bulk buys may be over, it is probably still a good idea to maintain the license.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:26:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Every time I buy a C&R gun, I wish that I had a C&R license, especially when I have it transferred. I would be at a profit at 2 transfers per term. At this time, however, I decided not to go the C&R license route simply because I   don't want to risk guns being left out where I live if a shipper did not use signature required or if the delivery guy decided to do a "favor." For similar reasons, I also want to maintain a fairly low profile where I am right now. At some point in the future, I definitely intend to get one. Even though the really cheap bulk buys may be over, it is probably still a good idea to maintain the license.
View Quote

Sign up for UPS and FedEx's sites like MyUPS.  They will email you notices when packages are going to be delivered and you can change the delivery options so that they hold it at the UPS/FedEx facility (or FedEx Store) so you can go pick it up before or after work or on your lunch hour or whatever.  That's what I do.  Since I did that I haven't had a single package left on my porch or a tracking sticker stuck to my door, so my profile is pretty low.  The people at the UPS depot on the other hand know me by name...

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:34:20 AM EDT
[#12]
I've had my renewal sitting on the counter for a month. Just can't seem to care enough to fill it out. If I get bored, I'll renew it, if not oh well.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:02:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:02:37 PM EDT
[#14]
system message
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top