Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2014 8:19:25 PM EDT
so are these  a good deal ? and a decent firearm ?

http://aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F3PTOK&name=Polish+Radom+TTC+7.62x25+Tokarev+Pistol&search=F3PTOK
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 8:20:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Decent C&R
Biggest issue is ammo price and availability
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 8:22:48 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

http://aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F3PTOK&name=Polish+Radom+TTC+7.62x25+Tokarev+Pistol&search=F3PTOK
View Quote

post 666.

They are pretty cool pistols, but get yourself a few cases of ammo too.

Link Posted: 9/5/2014 8:36:23 PM EDT
[#3]
fixing that 666 thing lol spooky

thanks for the heads up
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 8:48:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I hate that fucking ATF lawyer safety. Words cannot describe how much I hate that thing.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 9:20:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I hate that fucking ATF lawyer safety. Words cannot describe how much I hate that thing.
View Quote

agreed.. but i hate that import mark more.

previous century import... the ones now looks like they lost their mind (also someone should tell them the slide is not the firearm.. the frame is)
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 9:22:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

I got one from Classic Firearms.  It's a great pistol and literally a blast to shoot.  It's actually a stronger design than the CZ-52.  Surplus is all dried up but there is some commercial ammo now, e.g., AIM has Prvi 7.62x25 sometimes.  Gun show ammo dealers sometimes offer surplus for $0.50/round but at those prices you may as well buy commercial ammo.

Ammo is out of stock at AIM at the moment, you can sign up for an "In Stock" notification email.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=AP76225FMJ&name=Prvi+Partizan+PPU+7.62x25+85grn+FMJ+50rd+Box&groupid=38
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 9:28:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
agreed.. but i hate that import mark more.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5587/14586048309_6ab325b6ec_c.jpg

previous century import... the ones now looks like they lost their mind (also someone should tell them the slide is note the firearm.. the frame is)
View Quote

Yeah, PW Arms. They tagged my M57 with their huge-ass billboard too.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 10:05:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Decent C&R
Biggest issue is ammo price and availability
View Quote

The round is a very good round for ballistics but ammo is very tough.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 10:09:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I have my C&R and was looking at these pistols , then I started to look at what I would shoot through it

Kinda kept me from getting a "deal" on a pistol only to have to deal with overpriced ammo

Like many , many things I waited too late
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 10:16:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have my C&R and was looking at these pistols , then I started to look at what I would shoot through it

Kinda kept me from getting a "deal" on a pistol only to have to deal with overpriced ammo

Like many , many things I waited too late
View Quote

I sat out the last round they had.  I'm really REALLY trying hard to sit out this time, too.  I am not looking forward to adopting another caliber, especially one that's a bit more difficult to be readily on hand when I want to shoot.  Only thing holding me back from these as I'd really like to acquire one.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 10:24:52 PM EDT
[#11]
I would get one but ammo I will just stock up on ammo for the M44 before that really goes through the roof and disappears You never know !!
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 1:31:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Just ordered a Romanian TTC.  No ammo in stock, perhaps soon.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 1:34:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Polish TTC are some of the nicest made Tokarevs.  I've got two now, plus a Romanian, a couple Yugo M57s and a Norinco...

Good thing I bought a few cases of Romanian and Bulgarian milsurp when it was cheap and plentiful.

And I understand loving the cheap milsurp... but new commercial 7.62x25 like S&B is available and while not cheap...  it isn't THAT much more expensive than comparable ammo for other common handgun calibers like .45 ACP, .40 S&W and even 9x19 Parabellum...  and cheaper than some like .357 Sig.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 10:51:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

. . .

And I understand loving the cheap milsurp... but new commercial 7.62x25 like S&B is available and while not cheap...  it isn't THAT much more expensive than comparable ammo for other common handgun calibers like .45 ACP, .40 S&W and even 9x19 Parabellum...  and cheaper than some like .357 Sig.
View Quote

This is so true.  I already have a M57 so I've crossed this ammo Rubicon.  I've ordered one of the Poles.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 2:39:15 PM EDT
[#15]
I think Widners or Dans had surplus ammo
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 7:14:28 PM EDT
[#16]

Great pistol not for delaying of buying.  Superb weapon bluing of kommissar grade.  Triumph of worker's gunmaking.  Decadent capitalist reactionaries impossible for creating something like this

Link Posted: 9/14/2014 2:27:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Just got mine a couple of days ago. Cleaned it up yesterday.

It is not one of the best C&Rs I've ever purchased.

Slide, frame and barrel numbers match, which is nice.

Overall it looks OK externally. Typical crappy added safety and HUGE import billboard on the slide, which are to be expected.

The bluing is really blotchy.

The pistol's lanyard loop is missing, as is the included lanyard's attaching clip.

Pistol arrived wrapped in plastic, drenched in oil. Sweet. Should be protected from corrosion, right?

Wrong. Everything was dripping with oil except for the bore. It was dry and filled with red rust.

After several cycles of Kroil, brush, and JB bore paste, heavy pitting remains near the muzzle end.

I have yet to shoot it. It may do just fine, but my plans for shooting cast is likely shot to hell, so I'll probably end up taking a bath getting rid of this one.

I see they're sold out already, so this post is essentially worthless in cautioning anyone about a purchase from this batch. Could be that mine was the only lemon-y one in the batch too.

FWIW, I have purchased from AIM several times before, and will likely continue to do so. I think the days of me buying C&R out of a crate sight unseen are over, though.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 3:31:38 PM EDT
[#18]
The one I got from AIM recently was absolutely like new inside and out.  Yes, it came wrapped in plastic and drenched in oil, but the bore on mine is mint.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 5:42:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The one I got from AIM recently was absolutely like new inside and out.  Yes, it came wrapped in plastic and drenched in oil, but the bore on mine is mint.
View Quote

Wanna trade?
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 6:23:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Wanna trade?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wanna trade?

What do you think?  
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 6:35:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Risk one takes playing with milsurps that have fired corrosive ammo in their pasts..

Ive been lucky for the most part with regards to handgun bores.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 7:51:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
. . .

Overall it looks OK externally. Typical crappy added safety and HUGE import billboard on the slide, which are to be expected.

The bluing is really blotchy.

The pistol's lanyard loop is missing, as is the included lanyard's attaching clip.

Pistol arrived wrapped in plastic, drenched in oil. Sweet. Should be protected from corrosion, right?

Wrong. Everything was dripping with oil except for the bore. It was dry and filled with red rust.

. . .

View Quote

ditto
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 6:06:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Since it cost more to shoot than a 9mm to me its a no go.  I used to have a cz 52 years ago but sold it when the ammo went crazy during the Clinton years.  With the cost of ammo and a 250.00 price tag on the gun, to buy it as a shooter doesn't add up.  I wold rather get  one of those recent star 9mm pistols.

Snowman357
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 6:19:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Given that AIM is out of the TTCs, you won't get a choice... but I'd go for the Star B over these any day.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:28:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Just cleaned mine up, got it this afternoon. Shitloads of rust. Bore looks fine though.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top