Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2014 2:51:29 PM EDT
Noticed a post about this in the shotgun section and figured some folks here would be interested as well.

Dan's has POF made .410 Single Ball MK-1-Z ammo in stock (bottom of the page in the surplus section)

http://www.dansammo.com/ammo.asp

Although I don't own one (yet) it seems like it would be neat to fire the SMLE muskets with the original ball shells for them.

Always seems like cool old things come up for sale whenever I'm broke (thanks cost of higher education )
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:34:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Cool! I don't have a .410 either, but I'm tempted to buy some of this stuff just to have it if I ever acquire a .410 riot gun.

ETA: ah, what the hell. Ordered a box of 180.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 5:15:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I just want one box for my ammo collection.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:26:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool ...that stuff has been un-obtainium for years . Too bad most of the rifles ( 410 Indian Enfields )  Springfield Sporters sold were reamed out for Commercial 3" 410 shot shells.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:08:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 8:00:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What'd they nick you for shipping?
View Quote

Like $15. Ah, well, ammo shipping is always expensive and these things are in wooden crates, so I suspect they're not especially light.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 3:12:30 PM EDT
[#6]
any of the rifles out there

that 410 ball looks interesting with the brass cases
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 4:15:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Cool ...that stuff has been un-obtainium for years . Too bad most of the rifles ( 410 Indian Enfields )  Springfield Sporters sold were reamed out for Commercial 3" 410 shot shells.
View Quote

I had an original but got rid of it because of lack of ammo.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 5:01:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd like a crate of that, but I don't ever see buying the gun
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 7:26:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
any of the rifles out there

that 410 ball looks interesting with the brass cases
View Quote

They're not rare. Several on Gunbroker now.

ETA: If you get real lucky you might find one of the British conversions. It's a common thing to do to SMLEs over in UK as it's easier to get a shotgun license than a full FAC. The British conversions are generally repeaters (2+1 with a fixed SMLE magazine). I've also heard of folks wedging a Saiga mag inside the SMLE magazine and epoxying it in place.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 11:59:49 AM EDT
[#10]
I hate getting my hopes up to buy things only to find out I need to be 1 year older then I am :( I LOVE collecting ammo and this is right up my ally but alas......21or older.
This is why I love SGammo but whadya gonna do,
Thanks for making me want something take care!
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 1:13:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Cool find
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 10:04:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I hate getting my hopes up to buy things only to find out I need to be 1 year older then I am :( I LOVE collecting ammo and this is right up my ally but alas......21or older.
This is why I love SGammo but whadya gonna do,
Thanks for making me want something take care!
View Quote

Same boat as you buddy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top